3G/ Wireless

Nate5176

Reaction score
If verizon didn't make you pay for the data package for the droid.. you could essentially just use wifi all the time ( if you had access ) and not have to pay for that data package. BUT they make you buy the package... I guess there isn't any way of getting around that....

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yeah your post makes no sense...

i think he was trying to ask if verizon did not make you get the data package would you still get it..

my answer yes i would because the phone is useless without the data package.

OP
N

Nate5176

Reaction score
I'm sorta thinking out loud AND asking a question....
You said "Yes I would".. get the phone "because the phone is useless without the data package"...? that doesn't make sense to me...
With OUT the data package, if it was OPTIONAL... could you not JUST use wifi to connect to the Internet...etc?

i think he was trying to ask if verizon did not make you get the data package would you still get it..

Berzerker

Reaction score
You said "Yes I would".. get the phone "because the phone is useless without the data package"...? that doesn't make sense to me...
With OUT the data package, if it was OPTIONAL... could you not JUST use wifi to connect to the Internet...etc?

What if you aren't around wifi all the time? I know some people are (my campus is completely wireless), but some people aren't.

OP
N

Nate5176

Reaction score
Well that in a way... is my point.. I wish/ they (verizon) should make the data package optional... just for that reason... ya get what I'm saying?

korp

Reaction score
Some of the non smart phones can access things like email for cheaper ... or you could get a ipod touch. You really can't have alot of features if you just use it on wifi .... besides if I was always on wifi like that I would have my computer and no need for a fancy phone lol.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

with any android based phones they are constantly sending a recieving information from the web and i dont know anyone that is in a wifi zone 100% of the time.

if someone is in a wifi zone 100% they need to get out more because they dont ever leave where they are and i feel sorry for them.

Last edited:

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
Well, if Verizon didn't make you get the voice package or data, you could use WiFi with google voice and not have to pay for service at all!