3g vs 4g?

currensy

Reaction score
Is it a fact that 3g could be faster because so many people won't be on the network if they decide to go on 4g? Because in that case, I would purchase a droid x instead of a htc thunderbolt

boostedhonda

Reaction score
Is it a fact that 3g could be faster because so many people won't be on the network if they decide to go on 4g? Because in that case, I would purchase a droid x instead of a htc thunderbolt

True 4g is way faster then 3g its not even a comparison, and there wont be more people on 4g because it wont be available in most areas for a good while.

Sent From My Blurless Droid X

Chris-pee

Reaction score
Even with less poeple on it, im sure verizons 3g speed is still going to suck.

Im gonna need more info on that boosted s2k btw, boostedhonda.

boostedhonda

Reaction score
Even with less poeple on it, im sure verizons 3g speed is still going to suck.

Im gonna need more info on that boosted s2k btw, boostedhonda.

Haha pm me whatever you wanna know so we aren't spamming this thread.

Sent From My Blurless Droid X

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
3G tops out at like 2.2mbps, but most people only get maybe 1/3 that speed. LTE is supposed to hit speeds of 5-12mbps, so probably 10-12X faster for most people. Toss in optimized dual core and the browsing experience will be far, far superior, truly comparable to home broadband on a PC.

And, um, because it's 10X faster theoretical capacity is also 10X greater, but it's probably even more than that.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Possible but unlikely.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
the day that 3g reaches it's maximum speed to it's users is probably when 4g coverage reaches the current 3g coverage. Even then, why would you want 3g? =P

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Me personally I'm not going to pay and extra $15 a month For it when I already have a $120 a month bill for 2 droids so I will pass on 4g, 3G does everything that I need it to do it streams videos and all that just fine

billyk

Reaction score
I agree with Tilly above - already paying too much for 5 lines with 3G data.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but if you have a 4G phone within 4G coverage do you HAVE to pay extra or can you opt out?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

Sorry if this has been asked already, but if you have a 4G phone within 4G coverage do you HAVE to pay extra or can you opt out?

I believe it is mandatory. Similar to how if you want a smart phone you have to get a data plan.

Then again, why get a 4g phone if you're not in a 4g area?

billyk

Reaction score

I believe it is mandatory. Similar to how if you want a smart phone you have to get a data plan.

Seems that the coolest new phones are all 4G - but I may not want the expense of 4G. Sometimes I think I should just get the DX for free at Walmart and be done with it!!

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
no it will not be mandatory to have the serv. you just wont have the 4g is what I was told

Tillyswilly

Reaction score

i want the dual core processor and there just cool what else would you want one for $15 for the serv. and the closes 4g is hour1/2 away no thanx