3G vs 4G pricing?

mach330

Reaction score
with all the new 4G services coming out soon (if not already here). what are the cost for a 4G plan? with 3G being around $30/mo. Do we expect 4G to be around $40+? will it make 3G service go down? or will 4G make 3G not necessary? just wondering if the 4G is more of freeing up bandwidth.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
nobody really knows yet.

theres a few rumors about verizon getting rid of the unlimited data plan for 4g but i find that highly unlikely.

i did read that verizon will keep 3g active until 2012 and then it will only be 4g(LTE)

gentlefury

Reaction score
I thought verizon was going WiMAX for the fourth gen network? Droid won't be compatible, so it won't matter, since you will have to get a new phone to use the new network features.

gentlefury

Reaction score
nobody really knows yet.

theres a few rumors about verizon getting rid of the unlimited data plan for 4g but i find that highly unlikely.

Honestly that would be retarded on their part! Data is the way of the new phones....to get rid of unlimited data would be a good way to get rid of a LOT of top tier customers!

OP
mach330

mach330

Reaction score
i think that anything more than $30-40/mo on unlimited would be crazy. i'm already paying $200/mo for two lines. dayam i like to waste money.