3G speed

tattooz

Reaction score
I downloaded the speed test app and tried it in a spot where I have full bars. I only recorded 1M download speeds. I was getting 6M in the same area with my BB

Anyway to tweak the settings?

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am only getting 1.32 mb/s course I get pretty crappy reception in my work will try again when I get out of here. Not sure on any tweaks though pretty sure we got what we got, I wonder though if using the app takes up resources which causes download to slow.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
if ur on verizon there is no way u are seeing 6 mbit speeds on 3G. verizon doesnt use hsupa/hsdpa and ev-do rev. a is limited to 3.2 mbit/s maximum

sprint likewise doesnt even use ev-do a, they use the older ev-do 0 that tops out at 2.7...so really.

I live in an extended 3G area but when I am in a full 3G coverage area I get ~2.3 mbits/s, with 3G tweaks and a modded radio driver.
without tweaks and the hacked radio I manage 1.7

as an edit, your bars really only tell you the quality of phone call/texting signla you have. 3G speeds can vary based on a LOT more than your bars

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
What... My BB was so slow when it was on 3g. I never ran tests but no way it's faster than my Pro.

google123

Reaction score
What... My BB was so slow when it was on 3g. I never ran tests but no way it's faster than my Pro.

BB could be on 17G and the browsing would still suck more than a hoover when compared to the Pro. dancedroid

Sorry, back to topic.....so what were we talking about?

spdivr1122

Reaction score
Now see I have 4g now so I can't really talk. But with 3g I got barely 2mbps (I live 30 miles outside NYC) its beyond slow. At school it was worse. Idk rarely get 1mbps (gotta love Pennsylvania) so getting 4g idk great. 12mbps is just awesome.

Sent from my LG Revolution

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
3g is plenty fast for me. Especially until Motorola comes out with a 4g phone with a physical keyboard, ill be more than content with my droid pro.

OP
tattooz

tattooz

Reaction score
I am sure it has to do with my area, but I am getting .5 mbps. That sucks! Is there anyway to tweak the tcp?