3G slower by the day...

movadoevo8

Reaction score
I notice the same thing and I live I NJ and work in NY city where verizon has great service, but the data has gotten slower. Even like stated on an earlier post youtube buffers like crazy.

I wonder if it has something to do with the new 2.1 n 2.2 BASEBAND????

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
@granitemon - Lebron took some 3G signal with him to Miami...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
G

granitemon

Reaction score
Recently asked a verizon rep why they don't offer unlimited data cards anymore, and was told it was to discourage users from endlessly tying up the network with gaming and other activities that require large amounts of data transfer.

So on july 15, the droid x comes out, with its ability to create a wifi hotspot for up to 5 devices at one time, all running on our 3g network. Doesn't take a genious to see where this is headed...

I think we've seen the end of 3g as we know it. Oh and my offer stands... moto droid for sale 100 bucks

uscjoel

Reaction score
Its the same way here in South Carolina...I thought it was just MY phone acting up but my wife got a droid last week and hers is the same.

I got my Droid last November and I would say that 3G speed is half as fast as it was when I got my phone!

zMd113

Reaction score
I've noticed a big drop in speed during my 2 months with my Incredible. At first I thought maybe I downloaded some bad apps that were stealing data or putting viruses on my phone but I guess it's everyone who's noticing the lack of speed. By the way today the Internet has not been working regularly on my Incredible, games and other apps work just sometimes the Internet won't do anything.

Jersey08

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing today as well I just googled it and funny enough it brought me here where I was going to check next. Mines only been slow and not working for most of the day today.

Last edited:

brando56894

Reaction score
im getting about 1.142 mbps (143 KB/sec) according to speedtest.net but the market and website feel like the load a lot slower than that.

iteration2

Reaction score
Same in northern NJ

Up until a couple months ago, I routinely got around 1000 kb/sec (according to speedtest). It's gotten steadily slower over the past couple months. I ran a test last night at 3AM, and was getting around 50kb/sec, and in the middle of the day it's often slower.

Clearly, Verizon has done nothing to scale their infrastructure to keep up with their inflated customer base, and with the huge demand for the Droid X, this will likely only get worse.

I wonder if there are any regulations whatsoever to enforce whether or not wireless companies actually deliver the services that you sign entirely one-sided contracts to get the "privilege" to pay through the teeth for. Doesn't seem like it...

iteration2

Reaction score
Did you guys try updating your PRL by calling *22899?

Just tried it. Now I'm getting even slower DL speeds (24 kbps). Upload speeds are just fine (almost 700 kbps), so it's not a tower reception issue. There's just no downstream bandwidth to be had...

MotorolaDroid

Reaction score
I now have no 3g at my house. Only 1x.... Its ridiculous... Customer service talked to me for abt an hour to tell me I dropped my phone or got it wet..... Its not "their fault"

???

Reaction score
anyone else notice 3g getting slower and slower?

I've had my Droid 1 for about 6 months now. when I first hgot it I would see a lot of speed tests above 2meg down and almost never any less than 1meg. but pta dropped off a lot. now I can hardly get .5 as good and as I type this my last few tests are less than .1. been like that all day. even thou I have 2 to 3 bars and 3g. these look worse that tmobile edge numbers I used to get.

seems to me that the greatest network is falling on its face here in Tampa.

I've tried different base bands over the time and never noticed much difference. as well as #228 update roaming.

any chance this is just my phone?

???

Reaction score
what kinda speeds fall under fine? are you getting over 1meg down? everywher?