3g service

xx tom x

Reaction score
alright i bought my phone in january and had no problems with it..tonight im doing some work and i loose 3g service. its happened before but its been 5 hours and i havent gotten it back i even took my phone with me as i walked the dogs and no service outside either. i cant download mms or use the browser.

please help me out i am going on vacation and really need my phone.

Reaction score
dial *228 and reactivate your phone, if that doesnt work try a factory reset and then retry the *228, and then finally if you still dont have 3g go into a verizon store and dont leave until they fix your issue

OP
X

xx tom x

Reaction score
alright so i did a factory reset, still nothing i called the *228 after the reset and still nothing, this isnt good cause i leave in 2 hours for vacation and i need my phone for work.

ffej89

Reaction score
Remember the first step in fixing a phone take out the battery and put it back in

OP
X

xx tom x

Reaction score
well you have to do that for a hard factory reset to remove your sd card

dolpns13

Reaction score
is it normal to lose 3g service? My Droid goes in and out of 3g service for a few minutes at a time almost daily.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
alright i bought my phone in january and had no problems with it..tonight im doing some work and i loose 3g service. its happened before but its been 5 hours and i havent gotten it back i even took my phone with me as i walked the dogs and no service outside either. i cant download mms or use the browser.

Walking a few blocks may not help. Drive a few miles and check it. If you still don't see 3G then there may be an issue with the Droid.

If it's just in your area, call Verizon and they will set up a trouble ticket for you. It happened to me once and they did fix it. It took about 4 days. Thank God for wifi.

dolpns13

Reaction score

Walking a few blocks may not help. Drive a few miles and check it. If you still don't see 3G then there may be an issue with the Droid.

If it's just in your area, call Verizon and they will set up a trouble ticket for you. It happened to me once and they did fix it. It took about 4 days. Thank God for wifi.

how do they fix it. I continuously go from 3g to 1x throughout the day and typically only have 2 bars.. right now I am flashing between 1 and 2 bars.

tmettler

Reaction score
I have noticed the last week or so that if I am in an area with very weak signal or 3G service, it drops it altogether. the only way to get it back when I am back in a service area is to restart my phone. Sometimes with a battery pull, but usually the power cycling works. The thing for me is, for how much I paid for this phone, it should work correctly all the time, every time. It just kind of makes me mad.