1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

3G question/manufacturers warranty

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by AceDROID, Nov 9, 2010.

1. AceDROID

AceDROID New Member

So, here's a question that I'm not sure if anybody else has had this issue before. For the passed couple of months now, 3G likes to disappear, most noticeably during tethering. I'll have full bars, full service, than the 3G will disappear, net will not work, and then reappear after a few moments. It seems to pick and chose when it decides to do it. I had talked to Verizon, and they're saying that it shouldn't be happening, that they're not seeing anything but dropping down to 1x connections, even though the phone itself doesn't even show that. They said that I am still covered under the manufacturers warranty, but I don't know how that works/what it entails.

Has anybody else dealt with this issue? It's been driving me crazy, and I love my Droid, and I don't want to give it up for either a Droid 2 or Droid X just because of this, but I feel as though I might have to. (isn't that what the manufacturers warranty will do?) Anybody who can shed some light on this would be a great help. It's so frustrating that it happens.
  2. trowa

trowa New Member

I already made a thread about this in the applications section. I did major testing and the same thing happens to me. I am guessing what happens is the phone is trying to update something in the background, facebook google talk gmail weather updates or whatever.

I was going to make a new thread if anyone can make an application to kill all data connections on the phone but 3G then I read this. I say that because to test this I have turned off sync button with the power widget, deleted all widgets on my screen, signed out of facebook, FML, google talk etc etc and still have the same issues.

I will pay $5 if someone can make an app for this.

Here is my other thread I made if you wanna check it
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/94553-wired-wireless-tethering-problems.html