3G problems on both versions( 4.2 and 6.5)

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by dpaine88, Dec 19, 2011.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. dpaine88

dpaine88 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So I was using PE 6.5 but eventually got sick of the 3G issues. Basically anytime I went into an area without good reception and lost 3G, it would not come back on when I got into good service. I would have to go into airplane mode to get it back, and even that took 2-3 tries.

I said screw it and went back to 4.2. But I again am having the same problem...I went to go into airplane mode, put airplane mode on but then when I turned airplane mode off, the phone just randomly rebooted to the M logo.

Is this just happening to me? Is there anything I can do?
  2. Durandgir

Durandgir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well with 3G roms I have always gotten extremely bad 3G coverage, though it's usually worse with certain roms like Liquid, and stock Cyanogenmod, I constantly have 1x. I have a feeling it has to do with the radio's because they were never updated by motorola so they were "hacked" and redone i don't know exactly what it means but basically CVPCS did things with the 3G radio to stop the dropping randomly. someone could explain it better but there is no real fix that i'm aware of.

But i've never had bad 3G service with froyo. though pe 4.2 has never ran well for me it constantly rebooted on me randomly even when I was not using it. I have had the same issue though I had to use airplane mode when I took SATS and when I took it off of it it rebooted.

So you are not alone, though with 4.2 it might be the kernal, try a different kernal or even possibly lowering the voltage.
  3. dpaine88

dpaine88 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the reply man.

My 3G service is great, when I have it. I'll give a little better description of the problem to make sure I am explaining it properly using a real life example.

I pull into my doctor's office today. Great 3G service in the parking lot, full bars everything, nice n quick. My bars are nice and green as well, indicating there is good coverage(opposed to white). I go into the doctors office where there is basically zero service, no 3G, no 1x, cant make calls nothin. Then I leave the doctors office and get back into my car in the parking lot. Now I have 4-5 bars, but they are white and there is no 3G or 1x symbol to be found. I open any app that uses data and it immediatly says no connection. I drive all the way home to my house, where I get PERFECT coverage. Still white bars, no 3G or 1x. I reboot my phone and boom, full green 3g and 1x and signal bars.

So in short, its not bad service its that the service doesn't reconnect to data(3g/1x) when I lose service and come back into an area with service.
  4. Durandgir

Durandgir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I have almost the same issues, it's the worse in my school though I have never really lost service like you have. Your issue is a little weirder to what i'm used seeing, have you sbfed back to stock lately? my service issues where made a little bit better after doing that and rerooting
  5. dpaine88

dpaine88 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have done it on my Droid but about a month ago I switched to my dads old Droid since mine was a refurb and his was an original one. I've flashed a few ROMs on his over the past year and a half for him.

Might have to give that a try though.
  6. Durandgir

Durandgir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It doesn't really hurt to try, the only annoying part is rerooting and reflashing and setting everything back up.
  7. dpaine88

dpaine88 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Good call, I might as well give it a shot when I have some time to do all of it.

Just hoping some other ppl can chime in and say if they have experienced this issue at all or not at all so I know if mine is isolated.
  8. Durandgir

Durandgir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really hope some people chime in, I feel this forum has been really dead since the nexus came out
  9. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Dpaine, (long time no talk)
    I also have decided to jump back onto pe4.2. I had a title change at work and I use my phone quite a bit and nothing I have ever flashed is as stable as 4.2. I'm just awaiting till a new pe update drops.

I myself have not had any 3G issues since I have switched back. I did a full wipe and installed from scratch bc I didn't like my back up I had from 4.2 from back in the day lol it was all a lil outdated. (my setup/apps)

I hope you can get it figured out man!
  10. dpaine88

dpaine88 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Good to hear from you man!

I was using a newer beta kernel from CorCor since I love his kernels but am starting to wonder if that could be causing the problem.

I am using my dad's old Droid and I had PE 6.5 on there for a long time with deprimed kernel and never heard him complain about 3G issues or anything so I am going to give it a shot.

I love 4.2 as well but the one thing that just bugs me about it is the notification part where it says like who you got a text from and the text itself, its kinda transparent and makes it hard to read for me. On 6.5 it is a solid white/grey color.

What kernel are you using on 4.2? I always found the slayer stock one didn't give me the best battery life.
  11. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Could be the kernal. Try chevys that's what I've always used with pe.
  12. dpaine88

dpaine88 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Certainly will. WHen you say " I havnt experienced any 3G issues since I switched back to 4.2" did you have any issues with 6.5 and 3G?
  13. droidaddict101

droidaddict101 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Definitely try deprimed. Prime does a great job with his kernels and really goes the extra mile. Haven't used another kernel for months.
  14. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

Ratings:
    +3
    No I just can't use 6.5 bc when I install it my touch screen don't work for some reason.
  15. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Did you mod the vsels and what not or you just running it stock?
Search tags for this page

flashed droid razr 1x is white

kernel incredible 2 3g