3G problem

tracker

Reaction score
after the update yesterday my 3G connection don't work.....Please Help.....

Froyo Kangerade V1.1 - 10% Battery, GUI for scripts, All a2sd option, 7 Themes

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can you please tell me what update you installed?

Mike

OP
T

tracker

Reaction score

Mike

this was fresh install ...

it did it again... i reinstall and with wipe cash and data same thing.. i have not install any apps..

it does it after 2nd or 3rd reboot...

mike919

Reaction score

Mike

it did it again... i reinstall and with wipe cash and data same thing.. i have not install any apps..

your kinda contradicting yourself... does it work or doesn't it? does it work after a 2nd or 3rd reboot? i'm confused...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure where to go on this. Are you able to get the 1G symbol? I'm wondering if something may be blocking/restricting your 3G signal. Or, perhaps your wifi wi overriding.
I note in your signature "GUI for scripts, All a2sd option, 7 Themes" Did you by chance enter a script that impacts 3G? Not sure about 7Themes but try removing the theme.

Are any of those a possibility.

Sorry I can't provide a more specific solution.

Mike

mike919

Reaction score
Not sure where to go on this. Are you able to get the 1G symbol? I'm wondering if something may be blocking/restricting your 3G signal. Or, perhaps your wifi wi overriding.
I note in your signature "GUI for scripts, All a2sd option, 7 Themes" Did you by chance enter a script that impacts 3G? Not sure about 7Themes but try removing the theme.

Mike

Those are just the options in the ROM... there are no scripts that effect mobile/data network...

OP
T

tracker

Reaction score

Mike

your kinda contradicting yourself... does it work or doesn't it? does it work after a 2nd or 3rd reboot? i'm confused...

data enabled box is checked and it works after first fresh install and after few boot no 3g...
i use -Key Lime Pie Flavored Froyo (Green Theme)e and -Froyo with Nex-Theme *credit to manup456*

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Mike

Those are just the options in the ROM... there are no scripts that effect mobile/data network...

I do not run scripts so thanks for the clarification.

Mike

mike919

Reaction score

Mike

I do not run scripts so thanks for the clarification.

Mike

No problem! !

mike919

Reaction score

wouldn't hurt to maybe try a different kernel as well?? I know kernels directly effect wi-fi... anyone ever hear of it directly effecting Data?? I haven't thats why i'm skeptical, but you never know...

data enabled box is checked and it works after first fresh install and after few boot no 3g...
i use -Key Lime Pie Flavored Froyo (Green Theme)e and -Froyo with Nex-Theme *credit to manup456*

Make a backup of what you currently have, wipe data and cache and load Key lime only.

Once you get all synced up, reboot a few times to see if you lose 3G WITHOUT the nextheme... if you don't lose it, you know its the theme thats causing the problem.

DroidFan88

Reaction score
similar issue

I'm having almost the same issue. I can download and install apps through wifi but when I try and do it through 3G, it will download fine and you can see the arrows/icons showing the date transfer but once it is downloaded, it stalls on installing and won't install. I have done KGBill's market fix several times and that hasn't fixed it and I have also changed to at least 6 different kernels (Pete's and P3) and have used different ROMS... Kangerade 1.0, Kangerade 1.1, Simply Stunning 4.1, the Froyo 2.2 leak, all with the same results. I wipe cache and data each time and I am getting the same results. Even if I re-boot several times, the results are the same. It's definitely a Froyo thing since, if I go back to 2.1, I don't have that issue regardless of the rom I've used.

any idea what the issue could be?

OP
T

tracker

Reaction score

wouldn't hurt to maybe try a different kernel as well?? I know kernels directly effect wi-fi... anyone ever hear of it directly effecting Data?? I haven't thats why i'm skeptical, but you never know...

Make a backup of what you currently have, wipe data and cache and load Key lime only.

Once you get all synced up, reboot a few times to see if you lose 3G WITHOUT the nextheme... if you don't lose it, you know its the theme thats causing the problem.

i think that is it theme causing the problem..i did plane jurmmy froyo it works fine but market is extremely slow....

wisdroid

Reaction score
I've been having the same problem all day as well. I love this Rom simply because of the kangerade scripts app and the themes are the best, but I've had multiple issues with data since flashing it. I've even wiped and reflashed in different ways and with different themes about 5 times in the past 2 days and have had consistent issues. The other issue I have is with permissions. It will not let me fix permissions, it doesn't recognize root (error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands), etc.

kselby

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me and what fixed it for me was that I left it in my charger overnight while it was connected to WiFi. It worked when I woke up in the morning and it was fully charged. Just let it charge to full when on WiFi and see if it works then.