3G Outage

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by bamaboy165, Mar 29, 2010.

1. bamaboy165

bamaboy165 New Member

As of right now my 3g is out. Im in Alabama just wondering if anybody else is having the same issue?
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Switch to airplane mode and back out
  3. knotbeerdan

knotbeerdan New Member

Mine is bursting and not steady
  4. bamaboy165

bamaboy165 New Member

Thanks titans I tried airplane mode and backed out but still same thing. Im just got power it down and try a battery pull, who knows maybe a tower went down around me.
  5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

If you're still having an issue with this call Verizon and let them know. They will do a ticket for you and it may take 4 days for them to fix it but they will take care of your issue.

As you travel around today check to see if you're getting 3G in other areas. That will indicate as to whether or not it's a signal or phone issue.
  6. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe New Member

For the record bamaboy,

WAR FREAKIN EAGLE

And I too do not have 3G, however I am glad you pointed it out before I did or I would have found it to be a negative side effect to my dead droid the past 2-3 days.

In response to Hook, I also don't have 3G and I live in the Alabama, specifically the Auburn/Opelika. So I do not believe it is a phone issue. Should I call *611 to report this issue? Or is there a more efficient way to report this?

You live in or around Beauregard by any chance?
  7. Micdisc

Micdisc New Member

Mine's out as well. Northwest Georgia.
  8. hookbill

Absolutely, and if there is an outage let us know so we can post it up on the news. See if they have reports in which states.
  9. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe New Member

*611 is not available for any customer support options I chose through the menu, told me to call back during normal business hours. I guess I'll go visit the site and throw down some QQs ..
  10. hookbill

Huh? Should be. Pick option 1 and then press 0.
  11. bamaboy165

bamaboy165 New Member

Yeah i live in the phenix city area its close enough lol
  12. loop4zil

loop4zil New Member

no 3G in ATL for me....been out since early morning
  13. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe New Member

lol I switched to airplane mode anyway just because I don't get to do it enough. I'm never on an airplane!

Yeah you are not far at all. I work closer to Phenix city than I live though. Good to see others around me with the Droid.
  14. Canefan

Canefan New Member

No 3G for me in N. Atlanta. Wonder why this keeps happening. There was a massive 3G outage just a few weeks ago.
  15. raife

raife New Member

Mines been out since a little after midnight here in than al glad to know I'm not the only one.
  16. bpickartz

bpickartz New Member

All DSL, Cell, Hardwire phones out in Franklin, NC. Can dial/receive local calls only. Can't get through to service 877 or 800. Arrrggghhh. No data service on cell, showing extended service area.
  17. AUturf

AUturf New Member

no 3g

No 3G in Auburn. Been out since I woke up this morning around 6.
  18. bpickartz

bpickartz New Member

This is really quiet on the Internet. No news or other blog posts. Probably because most people effected by it can't get to the Internet?
  19. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe New Member

Hey another guy close by, not bad. I just called and explained my 3G was out and they had to call me on my house phone to make sure it wasn't a phone issue, even though I ensured them it wasn't a phone issue. Anyway the technical support checked my phone and said the "switch" my network is on is coming from Dothan, AL and that the "switch" in that area is down. They were alerted this by some caller near the area and have had very few calls since then. I was one of the few callers that reported it, I asked if more people calling would help get the situation moving faster and she said no I don't think so, we are aware of the issue now. I asked her for an estimated time it will be back up and she stated that at this time they do not know what is causing the issue, so there is no ETA on when it will be back up.

I also asked about you guys in ATL - she said it is possible that people in Atlanta, GA are on the same "switch" as we are in Auburn / Opelika / Phenix City / Dothan, and that would cause your network to be down as well.

I have no idea what this switch is or why it affects such a large area. I don't really care to look it up either, I'm just interested in getting my 3G back so I can turn off my WiFi and send picture messages...

I told the Verizon tech support on the phone that I wanted to know of other ways to report this issue, because I attempted to post on their forums on the website, and she no useful reply because she couldn't think of anything else. I asked her if she could tell me why the forums explain "how to post a new message" but the posting of a new message button was disabled (Greyed out) on my browser and she also didn't know. Since this wasn't the main reason I called, I told her not to worry about it.

To call, after dialing *611 like someone said earlier, first type "2" then "0" to be connected to the operator. The previously stated "1" then "0" attempts to take me to menu "1" first, which has no operator option after wards. "1" option will attempt to pay a bill or alert Verizon of an incoming payment. So I pressed "*" to go back to main menu and repeat "2" then "0" and was connected with a Verizon rep within 15 seconds. The first person put me on hold for no more than 30 seconds before I was transferred to a tech support. Must not be real busy :)
  20. Sherry

Sherry Member

Okay that was just freaky this morning - I am also in Franklin NC and had no cell, landline, nor DSL. When I dialled *611 I got US Cellular and they gave me verizon's 800 #. I was on the phone for an hour with the wireless folks. Amazingly enough I was the only one that could call on my phone, my husband's cell wouldn't dial out. All of a sudden everything just popped back in. Has anyone heard why?
Search tags for this page

is there a verizon outage 10/22/13 dothan al