3G or 4G?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by cloudstrife05, Jun 10, 2011.

1. cloudstrife05

cloudstrife05 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I was contemplating buying one of the newer 3G phones ( love the Droid x2) but was wondering if its even worth it.
    I mean when Verizon's 4G network is up and running will 3G become obsolete?
    I mean will it be like when we had to convert our TV's a few years ago? I'm I an idiot for even asking this question? Lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

2. googlelover

googlelover Member

Ratings:
    +1
    No, we won't be forced to switch for a long time. They will use 3G as a fall back like we use 1X for fall back for 3G, they will support it for a long time to come, BUT in my opinion its best to get the most technologically advanced phone so you wont be too left behind in 2 years.

3. cloudstrife05

cloudstrife05 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thx just tired of waiting. The. Thunderbolt didn't impress me, and the Charge was ok too.
    My brother got the x2 today and I loved it. Still running my D1 since December 09
    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

4. googlelover

googlelover Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Me too, I'm waiting for a phone with at least a 4" screen, LTE, 1Gb of ram, and a dual core processor, the rest can be whatever, but once that phone comes out I'm snatching it up and I will be happy for at least a month haha

5. Card

Card Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can relate. My Verizon NE2 comes up in less than a month, and the D3 will likely be in stores by then. But rumor has it that it isn't 4G LTE-capable. While, I don't feel like I need that much faster network speeds now, I'm sure once I see what it's capable of, it will feel like trying to use a 56k modem after having cable internet.

6. speedyroo

speedyroo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in the same boat. I am due for an upgrade but really want to go for a 4G phone. I work in NYC and live near by so I am pretty sure I have 4G already. I was hoping the Bionic was gonna be out when they SAID it was going to be out but it looks like it's going to take a lot longer. I want to get a 4G phone with decent everything else....but they sure are taking their sweet time. When something comes out, it better be good!

Search tags for this page
, motorola droid x2 3g or 4g

droid x2 3g or 4g

is droid x2 3g or 4g
is my verizon droid x2 3g or 4g
is verizon 3g becoming obsolete
verizon droid x 2 3g or 4g

will 3g become obsolete

will 3g phones become obsolete