3g or 4g not working

decker42nc

Reaction score
So lately I have only been able to use the browser if I'm using wifi. I don't get 3g or 4g coverage anywhere.help!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

DoctorV

Reaction score
Welcome to the club! Enjoy your stay :)

There's tons of people that are having issues with the Bionic and data connections for the past two months. Some more serious than others. A lot of people are reporting that they are having issues with maintaining a data connection with Verizon period with other smart phones. There is supposed to be an over the air update coming out by the end of the year for the Bionic that is supposed to fix the data issue. Hopefully that will solve our data woes.

mamawm

Reaction score
i always use wifi at home and and cut it off when i leave the house. sometimes it won't reconnect to 3g or 4g. a simple reboot will always bring it back. i don't find this to be much of a bother since i don't need data while i'm driving, i just get to where i'm going and then reboot and everything is back to normal.

deborah3756

Reaction score
Just had the same problem. I'd have 4g then it would switch to 3g then I'd have nothing. I'd have to restart the phone to get it back.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

zabla6

Reaction score
Had same problem. Here is what I did to fix it....Hope it helps

Go To settings -- Battery & Data manager-- Data delivery-- Check Data enabled. Hope this helps!

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I cannot even send text messages or make phone calls right now... it doesn't make sense... I've tried every rom there is... stock th3ory angel etc etc... I've enable frozen uninstalled blah blah blah everything to get this thing to work right... I'm tempted to go back to my D2G that never had a single data issue.

Imma try to run it over with my car... let you know if that fixes it.

jwolb33

Reaction score
I have not been able to make or receive calls ao text now for about 3 days also. Verizon had me try everything. They said I just have to wait and hopefully they fix it.

jwolb33

Reaction score
The guy at the store had a Bionic and his worked fine. Could it be the phone. Maybe they should give me a new one.

scudrunner

Reaction score
Got the update yesterday, took 8 hours to charge from 20% to 100% (first 4 hours no charge at all, used 3 different chargers). Today, I can't connect to anything. Turn the phone on, get 3-4 bars of 3G or 4G (I'm on the fringe) and then as soon as I try to access data, my connection goes to grey. Same with my Wifi. Been on the phone w/Verizon for 45 min, they elevated me to Motorola. Motorola is researching my issue and will call me back. I can make calls and texts though.

p.s. no hacks, no root, just stock. Maybe I should change that.

Last edited:

Crash1701

Reaction score

I have mine rooted and I have been having the same problem. I got the update yesterday morning and I'm still losing the service and going to gray bars. Hopefully they can figure this out but I do call Verizon everyday and tell them I have the problem and I get a $1 credit for each day it doesn't work right. It's a big pain in the ass but I know they are at least trying to resolve the issue. I think I'm gonna start complaining until i get a new ( Maybe different ) Phone.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Got the update yesterday, took 8 hours to charge from 20% to 100% (first 4 hours no charge at all, used 3 different chargers). Today, I can't connect to anything. Turn the phone on, get 3-4 bars of 3G or 4G (I'm on the fringe) and then as soon as I try to access data, my connection goes to grey. Same with my Wifi. Been on the phone w/Verizon for 45 min, they elevated me to Motorola. Motorola is researching my issue and will call me back. I can make calls and texts though.

I'm seriously thinking of getting the razr or the nexus... I don't like how wide the razr is or how cheap the nexus feels... but I'm willing to bet they don't have this kind of connection issue. If the d4 was 4.3 not 4.0 I'd probably wait and get it. Hell I might just go back to my D2G if this keeps up. I'm tired of almost never having data.

scudrunner

Reaction score
but I'm willing to bet they don't have this kind of connection issue.

The odd thing is that before the update, I was having no MAJOR problems. My wife had complained that her phone would lock up a couple times a week, drop calls when a text came in, shut down on it's own.... all a couple times a week. I've relocated to another part of town for the weekend and everything is working again. I guess all the little electrons needed to get settled in and comfortable in their new setting. Still waiting on Moto.

jwolb33

Reaction score
I had to get a new sim card after the update because I was having problems. Now it works fine.

billyk

Reaction score
Did VZW suggest a new SIM card?
Maybe that 's the way to go for me as well...

jwolb33

Reaction score
Yes. They told me that if the phone wasn't updated correctly it fried the sim card. He said that verizons updating instructions were unclear.