3g Not Working.....

yankees2009

Reaction score
Alright so Last night my 3g stopped working when I went to my Uncles house. He has no service up there at all. I tried the *228+ 3 times but that didn't work. I did do a full wipe when I installed the rom the other day. It was working fine before I went to my uncles and now its not working at all?? I can use the Wifi but when I leave my house I would like for the 3g to work/ Could somebody help me ASAP thanks!!!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Alright so Last night my 3g stopped working when I went to my Uncles house. He has no service up there at all. I tried the *228+ 3 times but that didn't work. I did do a full wipe when I installed the rom the other day. It was working fine before I went to my uncles and now its not working at all?? I can use the Wifi but when I leave my house I would like for the 3g to work/ Could somebody help me ASAP thanks!!!!

Did you do option 1 or 2 with the *228?

OP
Y

yankees2009

Reaction score
Ok I did #2 it said it was complete I Have full bars but no 3g???

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok I did #2 it said it was complete I Have full bars but no 3g???

It can take up to 15 minutes for signal to start. I'd do option 1 (program) and then option 2 (update PRL), wait a minute or so and reboot...try that out.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
I did this as well. Pull down your notification bar, and make sure you didn't gray out the "APN" setting, that shuts off data.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You sure Verizon is not down? It happens..

It does but I'm sure there would be ALOT more posts if that were the case..

True. I looked at the VZW tool reps have and nothing has been reported as far as an "outage" goes in his area so I'm guessing that's probably not his issue. Could be wrong though..

Nope disagree, I have been in Las Vegas and had it be down in the Phoenix area and been out down by Casa Grande by me and it was working on the other side of the valley.

Ozzie

Reaction score
I did this as well. Pull down your notification bar, and make sure you didn't gray out the "APN" setting, that shuts off data.

Thank you...I just ran into the same thing!