1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

3g network issues

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by malaf, Dec 16, 2009.

1. malaf

malaf New Member

So i have this issue with the droid where my 3G network would randomly turn into a 1x (of which i don't know what it means) or sometimes just completely vanish and it will take a while to recover. Now i just end up rebooting the entire cellphone just so i can pick up the 3G network again. I don't know exactly what i am asking but i do know that i want help in understanding and making this a more stable connection.
  2. jasonb

jasonb New Member

i had to do this earlier today. i was trying to stream music from DroidLive and it kept stopping to buffer. i check and i had 4 out of 4 bars but it was on 1x, not 3G. i turned the phone off and back on and it was right back to 3G.
  3. Droideka

Droideka New Member

Same thing happened to me in a new neighborhood so I thought maybe the 3G coverage was spotty. Decided to try a reboot and the 3G was fine.

It's amazing how many issues get fixed with a reboot.
  4. nyijedi

nyijedi New Member

Going into and out of airplane mode seems to solve this too, and it's a lot quicker than a reboot.
Search tags for this page

3g network problems