3G Mobile Hotspot

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by allencrabtree, Jul 30, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. allencrabtree

allencrabtree New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Forgive me but I am a Android newbie but I must confess that I am NOT impressed. I have been a Storm user for some time and then tried out the Palm Pre Plus for a couple of weeks. I heard about the DroidX coming out so I restocked my Palm and eagerly snatched up one of these beauties. I do not know what I am doing wrong but the hotspot capability on this phone is a joke! I know the Palm Pre is not as sexy but it's hotspot tool worked flawlessly. When I do manage to get connected on my DroidX, it will only stay connected for a few minutes. When I re-attempt to connect, the link cannot be re-established and then when I try to disable the hotspot on the DroidX, it simply reboots itself. I do have the latest software: 1.13.604.mb810. Any suggestions or am I the only idiot that can't seem to make it work?
  2. nwlake

nwlake New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am curious about this also. I do not have an X yet, but I've read elsewhere that the hotspot connection is unreliable, especially with mac os.
  3. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +30
    if you have bluetooth on you PC you can connect to that (and its free (for now))
Search tags for this page
3g mobile fre xx
android monile hotspot 3g wont stay on
free 3g mobile hotspotdroid x sq editor

free x mobile 3g

verizon mobile hotspot wont stay on