3G Mobile Hotspot

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by allencrabtree, Jul 30, 2010.

1. allencrabtree

allencrabtree New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Forgive me but I am a Android newbie but I must confess that I am NOT impressed. I have been a Storm user for some time and then tried out the Palm Pre Plus for a couple of weeks. I heard about the DroidX coming out so I restocked my Palm and eagerly snatched up one of these beauties. I do not know what I am doing wrong but the hotspot capability on this phone is a joke! I know the Palm Pre is not as sexy but it's hotspot tool worked flawlessly. When I do manage to get connected on my DroidX, it will only stay connected for a few minutes. When I re-attempt to connect, the link cannot be re-established and then when I try to disable the hotspot on the DroidX, it simply reboots itself. I do have the latest software: 1.13.604.mb810. Any suggestions or am I the only idiot that can't seem to make it work?

2. nwlake

nwlake New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am curious about this also. I do not have an X yet, but I've read elsewhere that the hotspot connection is unreliable, especially with mac os.

3. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +31
    if you have bluetooth on you PC you can connect to that (and its free (for now))

4. bigdog9586

bigdog9586 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It looks like this is now free in 2.2 as it no longer warns me that extra charges apply. I was able to turn it on and set it up without a problem. Anyone know for sure?

5. wdprice3

wdprice3 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    interesting.... I heard that google was trying to push/force free tethering... guess you'll find out on your next bill!

I just reinstalled this app and connected to the hotspot, but it was slow as crap.... finally it did connect me to the vzw nickle and dime page....

NOT FREE.

#5 wdprice3, Sep 23, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  6. iguanad

iguanad Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Does anyone know which system app is the one for "3G Mobile Hotspot"? I would like to freeze it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page
3g mobile hotspot app for android
android 3g mobile hotspot app

freeze 3g mobile hotspot

how to freeze 3g mobile hospot
mb810 android mobile hotspot