1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

3G issues anyone?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by *22899, Dec 2, 2010.

1. *22899

*22899 Premium Member Premium Member

Just started yesterday. I can't hold a 3G signal for more then 15 minutes at a time no matter where I am. I'm using ultimatedroid 2.3 at the moment but it seems not to discriminate from ROM to ROM. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this also. I'm in Wisconsin I know these problems can vary by region.
  2. CD95YJ

CD95YJ New Member

.Im in colorado, no issues here. Sorry mate

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  3. scf

scf Member

I've seen many a posts about this very issue. Though VZW would never admit to it, I'm betting their transition to 4G (LTE) is impacting the 3G towers.
  4. horseshoe9

horseshoe9 New Member

This is called the 3G/1X/3G dance. Have the dance with my X for long time, and have seen its discussion on several sites. Also have reported it to Verizon and Moto, but no one has a clue how to solve it nor it seems that anyone else has reported such an issue. dancedroid3G/1X/3G
  5. lakas187

lakas187 New Member

I have 3G 95% of the time but it is slow as heck!!!!! SMH!
    This is not what I signed up with Vzw for!!!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  6. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

Yeah I've been having some weird issues with signal as well. Couple weeks ago it was what you are experiencing now. Currently I lose all data services for a couple minutes at a time.

Happened yesterday again and it lasted a good 3 minutes. Turning airplane mode on and off again did nothing.

Not sure whats up with th network but I'm seeing some issues on my end (Los Angeles)
  7. SinCitySRT4

SinCitySRT4 New Member

On Monday and Tuesday I was having issues also but just while I was at work. I wouldnt have any type of data connection but once I left my data was just fine. Haven't had any issues today so all seems back to normal.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  8. OldguyMark

OldguyMark New Member

I had the same problem yesterday evening way up here at the other end of the state. I have it happen every so often for a few minutes ... maybe once every couple months - I just write it off as a hic-up in one of the towers, as I'll sometimes call friends with Droids in the same area to find that they have not lost the signal. Last evening it was pretty stormy with snow and all - which around here can sometimes take out all cell service in a limited area.
  9. BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire New Member

I had the same thing happen in Los Angeles yesterday as well - I lost 3g, it went to 1x, and then nothing for a good 3-5 minutes. Turning on/off airplane mode had no effect. Then it came back. It's happened to me before 2-3 times over the last couple months. Annoying cuz it seems to happen when I need the phone most.
Search tags for this page

3g in weare nh

why is lg phone only picking receiving 1x no matter where i