3g issue with liberty 3

zzz123kkma

Reaction score
Just installed last night on my droid2. i can make calls and text. but when it comes to using anything web related it wont work unless im connected to wifi. ive already tried restarting 10 times and ive tried fixing permissions. any one please help.

OP
Z

zzz123kkma

Reaction score
going back to lgb v .8 untill someone has a fix for me i tried so much but no fix found

rtfield

Reaction score
I didn't have any 3g issues but when I go into the market and hit my apps I get blank white screen.

itsmontoya

Reaction score
I'm experiencing this issue as well. I'm sticking with this rom on wifi for now because my battery life is so insane. I haven't charged my phone in a day and a half and it's at 72%. Winning :p

OP
Z

zzz123kkma

Reaction score
I wanted to keep it just for the new pull down bar that is a keeper but no 3g I can't do it

BoingoInsanity

Reaction score
This may be totally lame to suggest, but have you tried *228 option 2? The first time I ever rommed my phone I couldn't get any service to activate the phone, and had to move closer to a different tower in order to activate, after doing option 2, I had perfect reception everywhere I had previously... Thought it couldn't hurt to mention it!

dudemansir

Reaction score
Anyone else noticing this problem? Not dying to hop over to Liberty only to find out 3g isnt working properly.

itsmontoya

Reaction score
I attempted to go from start to finish (SBF -> GB update -> Liberty 3) and I'm still experiencing the 3g issue. I've attempted to activate and update my roaming programming with no fixes either. I've noticed that if I reset the phone, the 3g works for some time. Then once the screen turns off, the 3g never comes back.

itsmontoya

Reaction score
I was able to fix this issue by doing the following:
1. Reset using SBF (2.3.20)
2. Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Check for updates
3. Update to latest using OTA
4. Root (I used Pete's Motorola Root Tools)
5. Install and run Droid2 Boot strapper
6. Install ROM Manager
7. Reboot to Recovery > Wipe Data > Wipe Cache > Apply update from zip > Liberty 3 (currently on RC 1.2)

The issue with data over 3g has now been fixed. Thanks to D2User over on RootzWiki for the suggestion

cyberyaga

Reaction score
I ran into this issue as well..

I ran into this issue as well...

It seems that the phone is not resolving DNS properly. I can go to the terminal and ping whatever IP address on the internet, but when I ping a name, it won't resolve it.

I tried SBF and do the OTA update. But by some reason my phone won't allow me to do USB debugging. The option is there, and I can check it, but when I plug in the phone to the PC via USB, it won't give me the debug icon.

So, I'm kinda stuck, because I can't root my phone.

lasouthpaw

Reaction score
This may be totally lame to suggest, but have you tried *228 option 2? The first time I ever rommed my phone I couldn't get any service to activate the phone, and had to move closer to a different tower in order to activate, after doing option 2, I had perfect reception everywhere I had previously... Thought it couldn't hurt to mention it!

Thought I'd add a response to this comment. After a week of running Liberty 3 on my Droid 2 (with no connectivity issues), I did some traveling over the weekend. I return home, wake up this morning and notice I have no 3G connectivity (no issues last night when I got home). A few hours later, I get to work and start searching through the forums. I ran an update (*228, option 2). About 10 minutes later, my 3G connectivity is running fine.

Wanted to give a big thanks to BoingoInsanity for such a simple (and apparently effective) solution. Hope things continue to run fine. Will post again if additional issues are encountered.
---
J

OP
Z

zzz123kkma

Reaction score
so yea i fixed mine with sbf then official update then root then liberty rom install when they tell you to use the official update do it they know what they are talking about. but the link to the v1.0 is down now so im kinda stuck with the unstable release until i find a link