3g Issue, Options?

skerzner24

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum, recently joined the Android universe with my GN and love it!

However I have had signal issues since the purchasing the phone upon its release day, its been very patchy indoors specifically at home, at work I connect to 4g, yet it often moves down from 4g to 3g and sometimes no connection to 3g at all, I realize Samsung has mentioned an issue with the radios, but my real concern is this. When I have 3g in my house (which is rare) I still an unable to connect to the internet, email, etc.

This leads me to believe my radio could be defective? Anyone experiencing the same problems, or have any possible solutions? I don't really want to return it for a different phone but at this point I'm thinking its my only option

msheldon

Reaction score
If you are in an area with poor 4g coverage, it's really best to go into the settings and turn 4g off. I've found that with 4g turned off, 3g works better than with my OG.

When it comes down to it, I only really need the 4g if I'm pulling large files or browsing heavy graphic sites.

scottgoldsmith

Reaction score
Juice Defender?

I'm also new to the Android universe (and loving my Galaxy Nexus).

I install Juice Defener, which is really helping my battery life. But somehow I must have chose a setting that turns off ALL data (3G, 4G, anything!) unless it's coming from a Wi-Fi.

Any help would be appreciated...