3G Instead of 4G LTE After Call

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Hi, I have a Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233 64GB phone that I'm using on the Cricket Wireless network. I did a search on google and this forum but couldn't find anything specific to my issue.

The Issue

Everything works on my phone; talk, text and data. I get 4G LTE data signal. The problem comes after making or receiving calls. Even when I check my voicemail. After the call ends the phone switches to 3G data. At that point I have to go under network settings, toggle the preferred network down and then back up to 4G in order to correct it. Needless to say this is a pain in the @$$.

I'm curious if there's either a way to fix this directly through the phone settings or a work around. Or if there's an Android app that will allow me to remedy this issue.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
There is an app I found that might work called 4g LTE only mode. There are a few apps like this in the store. It's suppose to lock your phone in 4g. I've never used this app or any like it, I just found it after a quick search. If an app like this doesn't work, you may need to do a factory reset.

OP
xsylus

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Thanks, I did try a few of those apps but the only way to force LTE is with the LTE only option in the drop down and then I'm unable to make or receive calls.