3G icon almost always lit up

aldaudio

Reaction score
My 3G icon is almost always lit up, as if I was surfing the net or something. How can I go about checking what's causing this? I'm guessing its an app. I have my weather and clock app set to refresh every hour, but this is a near constant thing going on...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

brando56894

Reaction score
coud be a number of things syncing: facebook? gmail? calendar? I dont really know of an app that logs internet access though.

OP
A

aldaudio

Reaction score
Well I don't know if its exactly the inet, but the up and down arrows on the 3g icon are always lighting up.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
the 3g icon just tells you that you have a 3g data connection. if you don't have a connection, it will say 1x, or if you don't have a data connection at all, you won't see either one. the sync icon looks different.

OP
A

aldaudio

Reaction score
the 3g icon just tells you that you have a 3g data connection. if you don't have a connection, it will say 1x, or if you don't have a data connection at all, you won't see either one. the sync icon looks different.

Yeah, I know. I'm saying the arrows inside that icon light up, like they do when I surf the net, even tho I'm on my homescreen.

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
Sounds like a rouge app. I would get a task killer (or use the one built in to android) and kill your apps one by one until you find the culprit.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Do you have any widgets running that might be pulling data? And a 1k ping will cause an up and down lightup. Keep an eye on your data and see if you're using a lot more than you should.