3G 'fix' from GPA16 patch for GPA15?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by dotcom624, May 30, 2011.

1. dotcom624

dotcom624 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any chance of a patch or new build of GPA15 that would have the 3G fix that seems to work so well for GPA16? From the source that I saw, it was not specific to GPA16, since it is used in CM7 and others (written by CVPCS). I know someone asked this in the GPA16 BETA forum, but I thought I'd put the question in the right place :).

David

2. Bretski169

Bretski169 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wish someone would answer this

3. merrittj1989

merrittj1989 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I asked it! Really want to find an answer as I run gpa15 on my daily driver and gpa16 on a test phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

4. Bretski169

Bretski169 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do either of you know how to locate such a file in a rom and take it out? because maybe can just pull it from CM7. Because I might just want to try it and risk it all. lol

5. dotcom624

dotcom624 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it's part of the framework, so, from what I understand, you would probably need to recompile. It is a simple Java file, but it's baked in. I tried to find the file in the ROM and couldn't.

Thanks @merrittj1989 for posing the question in the first place! It got my mind thinking.

6. thig95

thig95 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    GPA15 is amazing...minus the little detail of losing data connectivity after making/receiving a phone call...if anyone finds a fix for this, PLEASE post it all over the place

7. xKoldFuzionx

xKoldFuzionx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes please! That is my only complaint with GPA15. It's annoying having to switch to airplane mode then back again to get my 3g back!

8. DroidJT

DroidJT Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, this should be a STICKY in the Bugless thread. One of the best GB builds really only big issue is the 3G bug. Without access to wi-fi as a backup, it makes running this ROM somewhat of a liability on the phone I use for work email/calls. I guess it's just a lot of airplane mode cycles until a stable GPA16.

9. Byakushiki

Byakushiki Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Wait, this issue still exists in GPA15? My mom's running GPA14 and usually gets data back after calls:blink:...Weird, someone needs to look into this.

Sent from my DROID using Droidforums
    Broke out my old D1 for the day. Works like a charm

10. Android210_OGD1

Android210_OGD1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Everyone,

I've been also having this issue with losing 3G connection after making/receiving phone calls. i went on a search to see why this was occurring...i found something with a setting called Voice Privacy..It's a service provided by verizon and not all towers are compatible with it... so go to settings/ call settings/ then make sure Voice Privacy is OFF! that did the trick for me..let me know what happens

11. Android210_OGD1

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry guys,
    after a few more attempts..it continued to do the same thing...sorry again..i'm still trying to figure it out..:(

12. Android210_OGD1

Ratings:
    +0

ummmm, i changed the animation to some animations rather than all animations..and its not dropping connection..settings/display/animation

please let me know if it worked for you all...:D

13. g0bez

g0bez New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Seriously? is *that* what it comes down to?? What is this, windows :icon_eek: ????

14. 0vermind

0vermind Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You guys are very comical, I can't honestly tell if you are poking fun at one another or if you are completely serious. The reason 3G doesn't come back on has to do with the Motorola Froyo RIL files and the way the connection is cached as it tries to restore the gateway after a call. The commit is what you are looking for and yes it is possible to grab that commit that fixes this program. It's not a particular file or apk that you just insert into the system, it's actual java code that has to be compiled.

It is possible though, but no one has the desire to go through and grab 2.3.3 and then the commit from CVPCS. I can tell you though, that changing the animations does absolutely nothing. I always have mine turned off, and that never worked, and never will. lol.

15. merrittj1989

merrittj1989 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I read those comments also. Made me laugh. Either way guys the latest gpa16 beta is stable enough for daily use IMHO. No need for this thread to continue. I have come across no problems since flashing it. I recommend you all flash it and if you do find bugs post it so they can be taken care of. Or at least post something logical here. Like 0vermind stated, turning animations off and voice privacy off will not help regain 3g in any way.

Search tags for this page

3g comes and goes

3g patch samsung charge

android 3g patches