3g dropping?

Slntagent

Reaction score
anyone else having an issue with 3g dropping when you disconnect or disable wifi?

dirtysanchez

Reaction score
I have also noticed this issue with the 3g it seems to keep connecting & disconnect over and over again. This seems to be killing my battery as well and also seems to slow down the 3g speed due to its up and down. And the worst part of all this is i cant get back into the SP or CW to flash this rom or update watermark, I know that Rom Manager has screwed with the bootloader what i need to know is where did the flash alt recovery in the UM settings go they where there for v7 but seem to be gone or not in th place it was before.:icon_evil:

Reaction score
I have also noticed this issue with the 3g it seems to keep connecting & disconnect over and over again. This seems to be killing my battery as well and also seems to slow down the 3g speed due to its up and down. And the worst part of all this is i cant get back into the SP or CW to flash this rom or update watermark, I know that Rom Manager has screwed with the bootloader what i need to know is where did the flash alt recovery in the UM settings go they where there for v7 but seem to be gone or not in th place it was before.:icon_evil:

Dirty,

can you elaborate on ROM Manager and the bootloader? This is my first time running UD and I don't know about ROM Manager / Clockwork Mod...but I have noticed that everyone seems to want you to flash themes and stuff in SPRecovery, not CM...What's the deal???

dirtysanchez

Reaction score
Ya its pretty messed up but DON'T DL Rom Manager when use UD, What happens is if you tell RM to flash alt recovery like CW or SP then try to boot into the recovery no matter how many time u try to load ether recovery the phone gets stuck on the M logo than times out and reboots to make things worse the setting on my phone in UM setting are gone or missing in the quick settings menu. SO once again dont use RM if you are using UD. Also im srry but im not sure what is causing this but I am affected by this, O and stupid me after I knew this issue in v7 still tried to see if it was the same with v8 and now im stuck. I could use some direction on how to manually add back SP so i can reflash back UD8.

Reaction score
Ya its pretty messed up but DON'T DL Rom Manager when use UD, What happens is if you tell RM to flash alt recovery like CW or SP then try to boot into the recovery no matter how many time u try to load ether recovery the phone gets stuck on the M logo than times out and reboots to make things worse the setting on my phone in UM setting are gone or missing in the quick settings menu. SO once again dont use RM if you are using UD. Also im srry but im not sure what is causing this but I am affected by this, O and stupid me after I knew this issue in v7 still tried to see if it was the same with v8 and now im stuck. I could use some direction on how to manually add back SP so i can reflash back UD8.

Thanks dirty...wish I could help...ask corina in the themes section above, she's really bright about this stuff!

OP
Slntagent

Slntagent

Reaction score

have you tried RSD to go back to stock 2.2...then reroot and reflash?

luigi90210

Reaction score

Dirty,

can you elaborate on ROM Manager and the bootloader? This is my first time running UD and I don't know about ROM Manager / Clockwork Mod...but I have noticed that everyone seems to want you to flash themes and stuff in SPRecovery, not CM...What's the deal???

well i use clockwork with ud 8 because it has been more reliable than sprecovery has for me but i do encounter LOTS of problems with clockwork when it comes to flashing a new rom like UD 8, usually i move back to SPR to flash UD 8 and i move back to clockwork to flash themes and such onto my phone

BD recommends using spr because it has been around longer and cause it doesnt give you rom problems like clockwork does(i know this from personal experience)

and with your 3G issue, what baseband are you running cause if your not on the latest one you will have problems with 3G

dirtysanchez

Reaction score
have you tried RSD to go back to stock 2.2...then reroot and reflash?

not yet was wanting to add SP manually and try UD again but have been out of town and have not tried yet, if that dosent work than i will have little choice on the RSD back to stock. Thank you for the good idea