3G Dropping when Tethering

Reaction score
Oaky, I have had this issue for a while. It started with PdaNet then I started using Tether then Wireless Tether. The issue is that after being connected for 10-20 min I lose connection and my phone fluctuates between showing a 3G signal and not showing one. How can I tell if it is a specific app causing the problem and interfering with the 3G signal?

nnate72

Reaction score
I have noticed, while using PDAnet or any tethering app on my Droid that this happens every 15-20 minutes in high-traffic zones or during peak hours. In lower traffic areas or non-peak hours, I usually get about an hour or so before being kicked for about 5 minutes.
I believe that it is a control that Verizon (I'm assuming that is your network) instigates on its networks. My theory has been that it cuts 3G for someone who is using data at a fairly constant rate, that is above XXMB/min.

Just what I've noticed (this has happened for awhile for me. I use tethering a lot while traveling). I would assume that Verizon's controls on this may get tighter now that tethering is being offered as a paid service by them.