3g dropping more and more lately

jweber228

Reaction score
Lately my 3g has been dropping like crazy and it seems to be happening more frequently as time passes. I'm noticing it at home mostly but really it happens reguardless of where I'm at. With my Droid1 this pretty much never happened. Anyone else having this problem? Wondering if its a software problem or a problem with my phone...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same here.. my 3G goes off when I put it to sleep, then takes like 1-2minutes to come back on. If not that, even longer.

incrediboy729

Reaction score
My Dinc2 has been dropping off and on into 1X a ton as well. Really getting annoying.

Tepes

Reaction score
Just had this start happening with my D3 last night. I even did a reprogram to establish the tower signal again and it didn't get any better.

Sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide mark 2

akhi216

Reaction score
My 3G has been dropping too.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, mine started after downloading JuiceDefender(at least that was my hunch), after uninstalling it, it's working fine now.

OP
J

jweber228

Reaction score
For me its quite random when it happens. I may try a factory reset but does anyone know if that also erases the internal sdcard?

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For me its quite random when it happens. I may try a factory reset but does anyone know if that also erases the internal sdcard?

Stuff on your SDcard will stay, as well as ur apps from internal storage being restored once you put ur gmail account back on. Usually all or most should be restored and redownloaded right away, sometimes it doesn't happen though.

akhi216

Reaction score

When you do a factory reset on the D3, you have to uncheck the option to erase the internal sdcard right before you commit to getting the factory reset started.

haproot

Reaction score
Had 3g issues here as well. Called verizon they are sending a replacement. You guys should call it in. The tech I talked to said he hasn't heard anything about these issues. He could have been playing dumb. But it took about 3 calls and a hard reset.

Everytime it happened and everybody around me had great signal I would just call in. 1-800-922-0204.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Had 3g issues here as well. Called verizon they are sending a replacement. You guys should call it in. The tech I talked to said he hasn't heard anything about these issues. He could have been playing dumb. But it took about 3 calls and a hard reset.

Everytime it happened and everybody around me had great signal I would just call in. 1-800-922-0204.

are you getting brand new or Refurbished Droid 3 from Verizon ?

I think 14 days period, you're suppose to get brand new droid 3 instead of Refurbished

haproot

Reaction score
It will be refurbished. I got it the day it was released on verizon's website. So its been about a month. Kinda bs as I just got this thing but what else do ya do.

aramos87

Reaction score
It will be refurbished. I got it the day it was released on verizon's website. So its been about a month. Kinda bs as I just got this thing but what else do ya do.

I just had a replacement shipped to me for the same reason and as I was talking to the verizon tech support he said with the D3 there arent really very many refurbs out yet (the phone is sold out everywhere apparently) so motorola had to provide some "certified like new" devices which were basically brand new phones, so maybe if youre lucky you will recieve one of those.

haproot

Reaction score
And wow, somehow somebody refused the shipment so its going back to verizon. Called them up they are overnighting another one. Pretty strange tho they were at my place not 5 mins after I left for work.

scvideoguy

Reaction score
I have a thunderbolt and the same thing happen. All my data went out for about 15 hours. Tried factory reset and it did nothing, got a new phone and it looses data on an hourly basis. Some times it takes 2-3 minutes until it connects.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums