3G Down for me since Yesterday

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by mspampi, Jul 18, 2011.

1. mspampi

mspampi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For some odd reason, my 3G is down wherever I go around here, I can connect to 4G, but I am in fringe area with that so it disconnects within minutes. There is no fallback to 3G, and I've driven all around the area with the same issue. No 3G link. Just calls and text. At first I thought it was an area outage but there doesn't seem to be anything posted about it. I am in South FL. Only been occurring since yesterday. What gives?

I have done nothing to the phone to cause this. I pulled battery, removed sim, etc.. Still the same issue. Not sure if I should call VZ or if someone else has experienced this they can chime in.
  2. mspampi

mspampi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    **Update: It may have been the area. Just checked my phone and 3G is back!

Very odd indeed.
  3. Vidguy7

Vidguy7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately it might have been your phone. Many of us have exactly this issue while someone with a 3G only phone has no issues at the same location, at the same time.
  4. Shurple

Shurple Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah it's VERY Annoying and i think we all need to give VZW crap for it.

The phone is unstable. Samsung really screwed this one up.
  5. mspampi

mspampi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya its still probably not entirely the phones fault, as I said in another post, that when in a solid 4G area the phone works flawlessly, never hangs or drops. Same goes for a 3G only area.
  6. Shurple

Shurple Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Um I am in a 3G area only and signal keeps dropping to nothing or 1x. When i was in 4g with previous of the same phones, it crashed constantly. It's the phone moreso.
  7. mspampi

mspampi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah interesting.. Its all very inconsistent between experiences then :( Maybe the hardware is that inconsistent, or wonder if VZ has other issues going on between locations.
  8. Vidguy7

Vidguy7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly my experience when in 3G only areas!
  9. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Senior Member

Ratings:
    +75
    Current Phone Model:
    G2
    maybe this has been said, but i was wondering if people in a 3g only area have similar issues and if they have the phone set to cdma only.
    the phone ships set to lte auto, which theoretically should work either way. perhaps the phone is getting confused on weak signal by faulty software.
    they have been making 3g radios for years, i doubt its a hardware issue.
    im not fringe but close to it and heavily wooded area, 4/5 bars 90% of the time though. before ee4 i was dropping to 3g alot, since ee4 maybe twice i lost 4g.
    for 2 weeks or so i been on ep1f and still consistently good.
    leads me to believe its software and they are working out the bugs.
    those having problems definitely want to call and complain alot. if they get repeated complaints from an area they have to issue a trouble ticket, which makes a tech go and physically check towers for proper operation.
    call *611 every time you have an issue, the only way to get things fixed is complain alot, and if your savvy you can work in monthly credits when you have a history of problems. ask to talk to supervisors and their supervisors.... dont be rude, and when you get one of the liberal reps, lead them on but dont ask for credits, hint that your looking around and tired of the problems.....

ok enough babbling lol i gotta move on, good luck..
  10. Vidguy7

Vidguy7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, it's been said many times. It doesn't work.
  11. audiored

audiored New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had this dropping to 1x or no data a few times. Usually it doesn't last long and hasn't been a huge inconvenience or anything. If I turn data off and then on it fixes itself.

I live in a 3g town, hope to be 4g soon, and travel to a 4g town frequently. The dropping of data seems to happen randomly in both areas. In the 4g town, I sometimes drop to just 3g. In the 3g town I sometimes just drop to 1x.

I like the idea about calling *611 and complaining a lot. Yay for credit! I think I'll be doing that.
  12. jayrage22

jayrage22 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also had the same problem with the samsung charge and took it to my local retail store and was swapped out to another one that also did the same. Next they tried switching out sim cards and still no fix then there was a supposed push update sent to my phone from tech service and still no fix so before my 14 DAY return ended I decided to change out to the dx2 and couldn't be more happy. Hope they figure out problem soon but will be sticking with my dx2.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
Search tags for this page

3gdowan load soft ware

3gdown load for sumsug s 4 software

droid down yesterday florida