3g and wifi question

fastrek82

Reaction score
ok.. is the 3g icon suppose to show when making a call? also notice that ill have 3 bars before a call once i make it it drops to 1-2 bars, is that normal?? and when i put on wifi my 3g icon shows also, is that normal??
Thanks for your help...

iDr0id

Reaction score
I don't have the phone but 3g and wifi would both be on seeing as if you were browsing the internet and the wifi disapeered, you would have 3g as a backup to continue your browsing, May be wrong but it seems logical. As for the bar droppage, when your phone connects a call it sends signal out, which i suppose would compensate for the bar droppage. Correct me if i am wrong

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
When wifi is on and connected your 3g symbol should go away cause you phone is running off wifi for data and not your mobile connection. You will still have bars but that is for your voice stuff.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
No when you are wifi connected and say you have a drop in signal your 3g won't run as backup. Your phone will keep trying to connect to that wifi and until you get it you will get network errors. Then if you shut off wifi your 3g will pick it back up.

OP
F

fastrek82

Reaction score
ok.. sorry im alittle confused, so when wifi is on 3g symbol should never show?
cause now wifi is on and no 3g symbol..
Thanks!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Right Wifi on the 3G symbol should go away.

1barlog17

Reaction score
HELP! With my wifi

I just got my DX yesterday and i was having the same problem. My 3g symbol and wifi symbol were both in the status bar when i turned wifi on but neather were working i could not go to a web page untill I turned wifi off. Now today when I turn my wifi on the 3g goes away and wifi symbol comes up in notification bar the way its supposed to work but i cant go on the web my wifi is connected and has 4 bars but web page says it has no connection. It only works if i use 3g. Is my new droid messed up or am i missing a setting somewhere? Please help i don't want to have to exchange this one it took forever to get it.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I think you are just having the same problem most others are with wifi, my worked great for a few days and now won't connect at all no matter what settings I change on my router.

1barlog17

Reaction score
Any fix in the works?

Have you heard if there is going to be a fix for this in any upcoming updates like the volume speaker issue?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I know they are aware of the issue on the wifi, and I know alot of people are having the speaker issue as well. Not sure if either of those will be addressed with 2.2 or not.

ylimehajile

Reaction score
I don't know if the speaker issue is software related or not. Verizon gave me a new phone because of it. At least the speaker issue I had. Sometimes the sound coming from my external speaker was very faint. I was missing phone calls and couldn't hear videos, music etc. It was sporadic. I talked to Verizon tech support and they sent me a new phone. My new one doesn't have the issue. I would think if it was software related most if not all phones would experience it at some point.

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but with all of the battery issues/ wifi issues.... if you use wifi at home or at work, do you guys think it will help with the battery life?
thanks

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Slightly off topic, but with all of the battery issues/ wifi issues.... if you use wifi at home or at work, do you guys think it will help with the battery life?
thanks

Yes went a day at home with out wifi and my battery lasted 15 hours or so and was down to 20 percent. I am 1 day 1 h 14 m now and only down to 70 percent. Searching for 3g signal at my place definately uses battery up. I use network extender for calls, and wifi for data so always have connection.

caveritt

Reaction score
I also get the wifi icon and the 3g. When this happens my wifi drops every few seconds making streaming slacker radio impossible from wifi.