3G and wifi on at the same time?

cbalstr

Reaction score
Hello.

This is my first post although I am a someone who has enjoyed looking through the posts from time to time...something started to happen to phone today and just wanted to see if anyone else is having the same issue.

When wifi is turned on and active I also am getting 3g connection as well. I don't use 4g lte very much as I was having the data drop problems as some of you are too. Anyway is there a way to fix this? It is not the end of the world if not but still kinda of annoying?

I would prefer to no turn off data in settings because it takes forever to reconnect to 3g.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I believe, after the latest patch, that 3g stays on so that reconnect after wifi is no longer avail happens with less/fewer issues. The data its still only xfering via wifi.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I believe, after the latest patch, that 3g stays on so that reconnect after wifi is no longer avail happens with less/fewer issues. The data its still only xfering via wifi.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

100% correct (also works with 4G on in those areas while on WIFI as well), and a very good explanation. :happy3: