1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

3G and wifi on at the same time?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by cbalstr, Jan 15, 2012.

1. cbalstr

cbalstr New Member

Hello.

This is my first post although I am a someone who has enjoyed looking through the posts from time to time...something started to happen to phone today and just wanted to see if anyone else is having the same issue.

When wifi is turned on and active I also am getting 3g connection as well. I don't use 4g lte very much as I was having the data drop problems as some of you are too. Anyway is there a way to fix this? It is not the end of the world if not but still kinda of annoying?

I would prefer to no turn off data in settings because it takes forever to reconnect to 3g.

Thanks in advance for your help!
  2. Nyteravyn

Nyteravyn New Member

I believe, after the latest patch, that 3g stays on so that reconnect after wifi is no longer avail happens with less/fewer issues. The data its still only xfering via wifi.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  3. cbalstr

cbalstr New Member

Cool thanks!
  4. FoxKat

FoxKat Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

100% correct (also works with 4G on in those areas while on WIFI as well), and a very good explanation. :happy3:
Search tags for this page

incredible 2 3g and wifi on at same time

razor 3g and wifi on at same time

switiching between wifi and 3g on droid razor

wifi and 4g at the same time