3g and dual processor or 4g and single processor

johnjr68

Reaction score
A question for you guys out there. Most of my use on my OG Droid is phone calls, web browsing and maps. I live in the NYC area so Verizon's 4g is available. Which is quicker for the web browsing? I don't play games and dont download many videos. Would love to hear from you as it will help me decide which phone to purchase if I do not wait for the Bionic. Thanks!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Personally I don't find 4g necessary yet.

I'd go with Droid 3.

huskur

Reaction score
Dual core is relatively new to the mobile arena. It may save a little battery and is a little faster multitasking but hey, how many things do you do at a time with your phone?

Single core and 4G is the way to go at this point. Different when the 2 GHZ dual cores come out.

OP
J

johnjr68

Reaction score
If the Bionic is released in a couple of weeks it is a no brainer as to which phone I will buy. If it does not I am torn between the Droid Charge and teh Droid 3. I love my OG DRoid but is is at the end of its road, and showing its age. Tough decision. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

anuraj1

Reaction score
I think you're on the right track about waiting for the Bionic. I hope it comes out on the rumor date. If you're in a 4g area, you may as well take advantage of it.