3G and Bars stay blue...

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X2' started by gitarzan, Sep 4, 2011.

1. gitarzan

gitarzan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Droid X has gotten a bit better since GB and what appears to may have been some minor updates. I'm even getting great battery life!

One thing though, is driving me crazy... The 3G sign, the dots beneath it and the antennas bars are almost always blued out. I can reboot the device, and they will come up white, then the dots beneath the 3G blue out, The the 3G characters blue out, then the antenna bars blue out.

I can still make calls with no drops, but data then stinks or fails to exist. This has been happening since GB got downloaded. I see it when I reboot it or take out and start using it after it's been in the case.

This happens anywhere and everywhere. My house, my work, other parts of town. And it's a big city so there is lots of coverage. The settings about functions show a fair to great signal. It still happens. A factory reset failed to make any difference and having the data constant update icon (whatever it's called, the second one from the right on the Android power widget) click on or off makes no difference.

Is anyone else seeing this happen? I am I all alone? Am I crazy? Is there a setting I can click? Or perhaps, do I have a funky phone? :icon_eek:

Or is this normal?

2. mattbc1

mattbc1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you said droid x but I assume you meant droid x2. If thats so I beleive the blue 3g is actually indicating that you have a good data connection. I lost signal for a few hours a couple of days ago and mine was white the whole time. When I got my signal back they turned blue again, I beleive this is normal.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

3. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,829
    Twitter:
    jstaff79
    What I have been told it white 3G and bars mean you have data connection. They go blue when connected to google's servers.

LLR00717

4. gitarzan

gitarzan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, It's a Droid X2.

That'as interesting. I did find another thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-x2/163782-notification-bar-gb.html

A
    ND it links to [Q] Gingerbread signal bar color - xda-developerso jstafford1 nailed it.

And it is a GB thing.

Thanks

[\thread]

5. demiles

demiles New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So why do we need to be connected to Google servers all the time? WTF!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

6. nlinecomputers

Ratings:
    +1
    So gmail, contacts, and calendar sync. If it isn't blue you will not be notified of changes nor will any changes made on your end be sent to Google.

7. demiles

demiles New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So mine are blue all time. I understand the need to check gmail and all, but why does the Linux kernel need it. Gmail and other stuff like LBS are seperate processes. FYI I check my gmail via web browser.

8. nlinecomputers

Ratings:
    +1
    1. It isn't a function of the Linux kernel and it is not a Linux kernel but an android kernel based on Linux but forked for phone use by Google.

2. It is a test of signal quality. No information is sent. It is simply pinging the server. If that concerns you then you shouldn't use an android phone at all.

9. demiles

demiles New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You have a point, maybe I shouldn't be!

Search tags for this page
3g isnt blue
3g wont stay blue
bars blue on droid x2
droid 3g bar stays white
droid x2 3g coverage indicator is white not blue