3G/4G not working on Razr

PandaKey

Reaction score
I own a DROID X and recently bought a DROID Razr from eBay. Today I activated the Razr BUT it won't connect to either Network. It'll make phone calls and take them, as well as work on WiFi, but that's about it. I called up Verizon's tech support and did what I was told to do, but still no Network connection. So, I reactivated my X (which I'm using right now) and tomorrow I plan on going to my local Verizon flagship store to have a tech check it out. I REALLY wanted the Razr and I'm pretty disappointed that it's having issues. I contacted the eBay seller about the problem (no response yet) and let them know that if the phone is unable to be "fixed" that I'll be looking for a refund. Has anyone else had the problem I'm having?

(The phone came with its original box, charger, manuals and a cover / case).

[Does anyone think perhaps the SIM card (that I bought today) may be somehow defective?]

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If its a new sim card then its probably not the issue. Could just be a defective unit. Was it verified working by the seller?

fireman00

Reaction score
I have a RAZR MAXX, today had a problem wtih 4G / 3G starting at about 08:20 ET this morning. Instead of going to 3G when I left a 4G area I got 4 white bars, no 1x, no 3g, no data connectivity. I called Verizon and was told there was a nationwide outage and a ?? number of 4G devices which were having issues reverting to 3G. They had me reboot, take out the SIM card, set to "CDMA only", etc with no luck. I had no data connectivity until about 13:00 ET I was back on 3G.

OP
P

PandaKey

Reaction score
If its a new sim card then its probably not the issue. Could just be a defective unit. Was it verified working by the seller?

I talked to Tech Support and was told everything about the phone on their end looked fine, and the reason the seller gave me about selling it was that he'd gotten the Razr Maxx.

OP
P

PandaKey

Reaction score
I have a RAZR MAXX, today had a problem wtih 4G / 3G starting at about 08:20 ET this morning. Instead of going to 3G when I left a 4G area I got 4 white bars, no 1x, no 3g, no data connectivity. I called Verizon and was told there was a nationwide outage and a ?? number of 4G devices which were having issues reverting to 3G. They had me reboot, take out the SIM card, set to "CDMA only", etc with no luck. I had no data connectivity until about 13:00 ET I was back on 3G.

I was told there was an issue with calls this morning but nothing about a coverage outage, and at least your phone was using 3G... mine won't even do that, yet when I reactivated my X, the 3G was working just fine. I contacted the seller and he told me he'd gladly refund me my money if the phone turns out to be defective.

PhDCow

Reaction score
I've lost 3/4G. I went to bed around 10:30 and had it. Woke up this morning with nothing. I've rebooted, used Fresh Network. Nothing. This is BS and doesn't help me as my work phone. Why does it seem like every time VZW opens another 4G market, everything else gets screwed up?