3G/4G Help??

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
So when I got my nexus today I look down and was admiring my 4g icon when i was walking out of the store. Got in my car pulled and and viola! back to 3G and havent seen the 4G icon since. I know i should be within range. I live about 5 miles outside of Flint MI and they got 4G back in may or june?

This is my first 4G phone as Im coming from the DX. Am I missing something?

jmurray192

Reaction score
Same thing with me whats going on.... im in portland and should have strong 4g. How do u switch back

MrKleen

Reaction score
After going through tech support several times where they checked provisioning on their end, battery pull, factory data reset... He said it sounds like the radio in this phone isn't very good. He said to take it back and replace it to see if it's just this one or if they are all bad.

kellyfj10

Reaction score
I own a verizon retail store and when we were activating the phones and having this problem we found if we pulled the sim card out for 30 seconds then put it back in it fixed the problem. It pushes the 4g through the switch. Hope it helps.

nova77

Reaction score
I own a verizon retail store and when we were activating the phones and having this problem we found if we pulled the sim card out for 30 seconds then put it back in it fixed the problem. It pushes the 4g through the switch. Hope it helps.

Did you pull the sim card out with the phone on?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

MrKleen

Reaction score
i pulled the sim card and let it sit for ten minutes. Worked for an hour.... that is not fixing this issue.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I called *611 cuz of a rebooting issue, but I also mentioned my 3G to 4G handoff issues (and 4G to 3G handoffs) - the guy looked it up and said they are aware of that issue and are working on a fix.

Regarding the reboots - he recommended I go to the store and get another device (he saw nothing in the system that suggested this was a common issue). So, I will go get me Nexus #2 and hope it resolves my reboot issue.

just4747

Reaction score
Also only getting 4G after pulling battery and sim for a bit...but still disappears and never comes back. Wtf? Why is this hapoening to some of us? I live in a completely 4G covered area and get no 4G on this phone at home... awesome.

OP
o Fi1thy

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
Just an update from my end as I traveled about 100 miles roundtrip today and it was about 50/50. Im thinking that there isnt an issue (maybe or maybe not cant really say for sure) Maybe Im just on the wrong side of the 4G tower. Seemed like there was no rhyme or reason to when I would pick up 4G.

I guess my main questions now are: Im wondering if the 4G coverage is really that spotty? Would my local store know what the ranges are?

All in all still a badass phone.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I went to swap my crappy radio phone for a replacement and the Verizon store manager gave me a hard time and refused to replace my phone. She said she would only replace the sim card. As hard as i tried she would not do it.

Anyway i got home and it was just as bad so i called her and then she said she would replace so i had to make another trip.

She told me if she swapped my phone i would be stuck with it. I said no way i would be stuck with it because i had them replace a defective phone. I am not happy with the service at the Westlake Ohio store.

Of course i had signal while at the store so she was not willing to swap it out. Even though i had already gone through 2 days of it not working and 2 tech support calls.

I wish i had purchased at a company that has good service like Costco.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Please see my thread/post here. Still getting no 4G at all, anywhere around my place or town, where it is supposed to be fully covered.

What do I do???? I've tried everything.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...live-full-lte-covered-area-5.html#post1917641

There is nothing you can do. I replaced my phone and its the same thing. I honestly think those that are not complaining are blinded by wanting it for 2 months.

Ive had good signal but it drops... i think it can be fixed with software. I just hope they do it before the return period or it will be really bad.