1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

3G/1G signal display gone?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by TJConnery, Jan 31, 2011.

1. TJConnery

TJConnery New Member

I rooted my D2G and flashed the Fission ROM. After a very long day, I have the device set up the way I like it, but noticed that the device no longer shows 3G/1G, just signal strength (up in notifications section on top). Does this impact the cell radio at all, or is it just aesthetics?

Which mobile network should I select? In the stock version, I switched it from Global to CDMA to save battery while stateside. Should I select CDMA / EVDo auto as the equivalent in this mode? Changing to Global mode produces a 3G signal indicator for a few seconds, and then goes away. My goal is minimal battery use with the strongest 3g signal.

Also, re: mobile networks: I seem to recall reading in this forum somewhere that I loose the Verizon-built Global profile and have noticed the mobile connections page is completely different. I am wondering what I will need to do when I go out of the US and want to use the Global network. I know I need a SIM card patch from what I have read about Fission.

Any insight on these two areas?
Search tags for this page
3g phone shows 1g
3g signal droid failure to appear
how to change a 1g phone to a 3g
how to change your phone from 1g to 3g
my verizon phone stuck in 1 g

should my 3g phone show 1g

verizon galaxy s3 going from 3g to 1g

why did my samsung cell go from 3g to 1g

why does my 3g phone show 1g

why does my cell phone not show 3g or 1g