3D

mrwright1983

Reaction score
Is there any app I can use that have a 3D launcher and will not force close all the time

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Not on stock 2.1. Some of the custom ROMs have it AFAIK.

Edit - This is no longer true. Clockworkmod Launcher now has it working for Droid stock 2.1.

LaurenJadeTaylor

Reaction score
3D computer graphics are graphics that use a three-dimensional representation of geometric data that is stored in the computer for the purposes of performing calculations and rendering 2D images. Such images may be for later display or for real-time viewing.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
3D computer graphics are graphics that use a three-dimensional representation of geometric data that is stored in the computer for the purposes of performing calculations and rendering 2D images. Such images may be for later display or for real-time viewing.

Lol...thanks for the lesson. By the way mrwright1983, in my personal opinion, while ClockworkMod isn't bad and does let you experience having the 3D app drawer along with 5 screens, it's not really worth the $3 you pay for it. It is rather choppy, and is also rather large in size for those couple added features (10MB). It may sound kind of lame but it may be better to stall for a while and see if an official OTA is released sometime soon that incorporates these features. I used it for about 30 minutes then uninstalled it and refunded.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Helix launcher, however not 3D.

3d - big deal ... seems to me you want a launcher that works first, fast second.
Helix fills that bill, with shortcut slots to boot.

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Is there any app I can use that have a 3D launcher and will not force close all the time

YES THERE IS and you do not need to ROOT. Get Helixer 2 for motorola droid. If you download the one from the MARKET it will go into a forclose loop. What you need to do is get the one from the WEBSITE an download Helxer V2.07 beta 2 something like that the latest one and it works perfect, not even one foreclose.

You just need to use something like Astro to install it. Actually here is the Link i looked it up for you:
Donators' Repo » Home

Hope this helps. FYI to me I notice it runs just as good as Helix 1 but with 5 screens, if you use 7 screens I felt it lagged a little, but not much was very good and smooth.... But with 5 screens felt really good. Oh yeah and has this cool new launcher and when the APPS come up it's like the 2.1 for nexus one in 3D.

Hope it helps.

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Do I have to pay a donation before I can download.

No you can download it without donating. Also i tried downloading it from the web browser from the Droid and it downloaded it as a .php and that did not let me install it.

What i had to do is download it to my computer and its a .apk file and then just use the USB cable that came with your Droid and transfer the file over to your SD card and then install it.

D

Droidlicous

Helix 2 is Nice, I like the fact that you can hide the Notification Bar, which there was an option that toggles it on and off from the menu button

OP
mrwright1983

mrwright1983

Reaction score
After me downloading it to my computer than to my phone how can I get after that

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Do I have to pay a donation before I can download.

No you can download it without donating.

Yes and no. There are two versions with the 2nd version available if you donate.

Huh no it is available without donating I downloaded it and installed it 2 days ago. It prefers that you donate to help the developer of course, but I don't like to donate until I test the software and make sure it's good. So far it seems pretty good. I'm going to test it for a week if it works fine then I will donate to support the DEV.

RoNYC

Reaction score
+1 on the Helixlauncher 2, it's now working on the droid. No FC at all, some minor glitches that hopefully an update or 2 can fix. Other than that its great. A lot snappier than Helix, and the 3d app drawer is great. Love the option to eliminate the top info bar and app names.

86mcss

Reaction score

YES THERE IS and you do not need to ROOT. Get Helixer 2 for motorola droid. If you download the one from the MARKET it will go into a forclose loop. What you need to do is get the one from the WEBSITE an download Helxer V2.07 beta 2 something like that the latest one and it works perfect, not even one foreclose.

You just need to use something like Astro to install it. Actually here is the Link i looked it up for you:
Donators' Repo » Home

Hope this helps. FYI to me I notice it runs just as good as Helix 1 but with 5 screens, if you use 7 screens I felt it lagged a little, but not much was very good and smooth.... But with 5 screens felt really good. Oh yeah and has this cool new launcher and when the APPS come up it's like the 2.1 for nexus one in 3D.

Hope it helps.

thats for the small write up and how to do this. i have been running helixluancher1 for a while and just installed helixlauncher2 and it works great :icon_ banana: