3D Home Question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by PARick, Apr 21, 2011.

1. PARick

PARick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried SPB Shell on my rooted Droid I, and it just kept crashing, reloading and generally not working. But, it made me really want a similar launcher as it is really cool. I guess that it is not meant for a rooted phone. I currently use ADW EX, and like it, but there is nothing like SPB. I tried Regina as well, but too many problems. So, is there a good 3D Launcher that works well on a rooted phone? Thanks!

2. X_TAC23

X_TAC23 DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3
    I haven't seen one that word for the droid 1. I believe the processor isn't able to handle it.

3. jchammer123

jchammer123 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm in the same boat as you. I've tried both, but I think spb just takes up too much memory for the d1. It worked for a few days, but the crashes got to me as I need something stable! Regina could be a contender in the future but its too new to be great. I'm gonna wait til I upgrade my phone and then spb will be my everyday launcher! I think, even though I love it, that my precious d1 is starting to show that its kindof out dated : (

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

4. Tepes

Tepes Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here. Regina shows potential, but just isn't there yet, specially with the not having folders and not supporting scrollable widgets. I keep going back to SPB and trying different tweaks to my speed and memory, but for day to day use the crashes are to frustrating. I too plan on using SPB when I replace my D1... someday:) A lot of people complain about the price tag, but the amount of built in widgets and ease of use make it far worth the money for me.

5. nerdslogic

nerdslogic Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I am going to join the gang here and say that app is way too much for the D1.....I have an OC'd D2 and it struggles from time to time. I imagine a TBolt would run this great though. The reason I still have it is because I have an upgrade available and I am waiting for the Droid 3.....Dual Core....should run SPB 3D Shell just fine.

6. bullswife98

bullswife98 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I gave both launchers a try also, mine struggled with spb shell as well, loved it though but kept fc on me too. I had Regina on mine worked fine for me I have alot of memory available but I can't handle the constant loading apps all the time. It still was very laggy on my Droid1. Has great potential though, hopefully they will work it out and it will run on our droids.

7. jchammer123

jchammer123 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I hear a lot of people talking about the price. I just figure I spend way more then 15 bucks on other useless crap! I love the way spb looks and feels when its not crashing! I don't regret buying it at all, especially since the price may go up once there are more phones that can handle it!

Search tags for this page
how to stop spb 3d launcher from reloading
regina 3d crashes
spb android 3d shell keeps restarting
spb shell 3d crashing

spb shell 3d keeps crashing