3800mAh Battery from Seido for Samsung Galaxy Nexus; Deformity Ensues

Xander Crews

Reaction score
As a matter a fact,i have 2 stock batts and they work for me.Bought the spare batt chrgin kit.

Any issues with the cover clips/tabs getting worn out by frequently switching batteries?
I could see that being an issue.
If I was a heavy user and needed to switch batteries numerous times a week, it seems like it would get old shutting it down every time you wanted to switch batteries.

I know when I was looking at the Nexus at the Verizon store, that security cord that attaches to the back plate pulled the back plate right off the phone when you picked it up. I clipped it back on and turned the phone over and it came right off again...rather easily. The display model probably gets beat to hell as far as handling goes...but it's just something I noticed. The back cover seemed worn out and wouldn't stay on because that cord kept pulling it off.

52brandon

Reaction score
Underclocking is still slower than if you had not underclocked...that is what I was getting at.

I get what you are saying, but your still slowing down the phone to make the battery last longer. It just that, in your case, underclocking in root may be faster than stock. I dunno. Haven't done that.

Nice solution though. Too much effort for me though. I'd just as soon keep it simple and get the extended battery instead of messing with rooting and underclocking. Not that I couldn't do it...just not into it.
I bet if you try it once, you'll never not root another android phone. My phone idles at 192mhz when sleeping and can get up as far as 1651mhz (both numbers are per core) depending on the activity and my settings. The developers do some amazing things for these devices

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
Reviews mention some antenna issues in that it loses 4G signal with this battery and cover. Some folks have had to send theirs back and QCell sends them a new one that works.

Any issues like that for you?

i lost service for a minute today, but that could have been for 10's of different reasons :/ no problems at all i can blame the battery on.

Can you post a pic with this battery on your phone? Tempted!

i can't, my phone is my only camera :( but it looks just like the seidio (size wise) except the color of the door matches the phone and has a nice criss-cross texture to it. doesnt feel as nice as the stock door, but who cares? the battery is exactly the stock battery with the 2100 on top of it, you can use that for an easy size comparison. overall i cant get over how nice it is to use the phone however i want, 4G on, non-auto brightness (the screen at even half bright looks infinitely better than on low), and just not worrying about "hmm id check FB but that would lose 5% battery". plus the little hump is nice for resting the phone on my finger :)

Xander Crews

Reaction score
i lost service for a minute today, but that could have been for 10's of different reasons :/ no problems at all i can blame the battery on.

i can't, my phone is my only camera :( but it looks just like the seidio (size wise) except the color of the door matches the phone and has a nice criss-cross texture to it. doesnt feel as nice as the stock door, but who cares? the battery is exactly the stock battery with the 2100 on top of it, you can use that for an easy size comparison. overall i cant get over how nice it is to use the phone however i want, 4G on, non-auto brightness (the screen at even half bright looks infinitely better than on low), and just not worrying about "hmm id check FB but that would lose 5% battery". plus the little hump is nice for resting the phone on my finger :)

You can use your phone to take a picture of your phone. You just have to be really fast. :biggrin:

Xander Crews

Reaction score
I bet if you try it once, you'll never not root another android phone. My phone idles at 192mhz when sleeping and can get up as far as 1651mhz (both numbers are per core) depending on the activity and my settings. The developers do some amazing things for these devices

Yeah, you may be right about that. I guess I won't really know unless I do it.
I work in IT...if I looked into it, I'm sure I could do it no problem. But there's always that chance I could brick it...and my phone is such a huge part of my day to day life. Kinda scary.
How easy is it to screw it up and ruin your phone? What do you have to do to screw it up?
How does a rooted phone deal with OTA updates? Can you still get them somehow? What if I root and then a week later ICS is available for the Rezound?
Best place to go for instructions on rooting a Rezound?
And after you root it, then what?

Johnnyb

Reaction score
I work in IT...if I looked into it, I'm sure I could do it no problem. But there's always that chance I could brick it...and my phone is such a huge part of my day to day life. Kinda scary.
How easy is it to screw it up and ruin your phone? What do you have to do to screw it up?
How does a rooted phone deal with OTA updates? Can you still get them somehow? What if I root and then a week later ICS is available for the Rezound?

Start with a site that has Rezound devs. They'll have step-by-step instructions you can follow. There are likely a few YouTube videos that walk you through the process as well. I was nervous as heck when I rooted my DroidX but when I was done...and I found a ROM I liked...it truly unlocked the power of the phone I purchased. Now that I've got a GNex and have access to the kernel...its really made a difference. Normally you can revert back to stock...its like you were never rooted.
Do a lot of research first. Get educated and make an informed decision. My phones my life at work so I don't flash many ROM's. I like SteelDroid, he's the dev I've chosen to support and I love the work he's done.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

52brandon

Reaction score
there's likely some walkthroughs in the rezound section on this site. And probably some simple way to do it now. Most root programs or walkthroughs will have you put Super User, and a custom recovery (likely clockworkmod). After that, I would make a backup in recovery and then start looking for a ROM. Try em out until you find one you like