*#*#3646#*#*

orionsvantage

Reaction score
*#*#4636#*#*

I just found outt something very interesting in the rezound menu system. On a whim I tried inputting the code that I used on my tbolt to get to the menu to go to 3g or 4g only. (Dial *#*#4636#*#*)

To my surprise there are options for gsm only, wcdma only, gsm+lte/wcdma and other signals that Verizon doesn't use.

Anybody have any good theories about this? Why would this device have those options if its not a Verizon global phone?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
orionsvantage

orionsvantage

Reaction score
Most interesting is an option for lte(w/voice)

dxgeek35

Reaction score
It is global, first global lte phone I believe

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Sounds like the menu screen that an app called lte switch brings up. I pulled it off market to shut the 4g off when not needed
From my Rockin Rezound

OP
orionsvantage

orionsvantage

Reaction score
Sounds like the menu screen that an app called lte switch brings up. I pulled it off market to shut the 4g off when not needed
From my Rockin Rezound

Because its the same menu. All that app does is dial that code for you.

Why did nobody mention that this is a global LTE phone? I find it fascinating that the phone can pull cdma, gsm, LTE and talk and surf at the same time...

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
which mode would be best to put it on? would LTE/w-voice option be better than the standard option its set too? the standard option doesnt allow to use data while on phone?

OP
orionsvantage

orionsvantage

Reaction score
which mode would be best to put it on? would LTE/w-voice option be better than the standard option its set too? the standard option doesnt allow to use data while on phone?

Leave it on the standard option, honestly, or cdma (prl only)

konellaz

Reaction score
Most interesting is an option for lte(w/voice)

I need to know why this is interesting.. The tower nesrest to me is broadcasting Lte voice.. Tech told me this.. Have no clue what it means, but it Burns up my bionic.. On my 4th.. That's whY I'm on here.. My TB's bootloader was unlocked obviously, so was looking into the rezound as a replacement.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
orionsvantage

orionsvantage

Reaction score
I need to know why this is interesting.. The tower nesrest to me is broadcasting Lte voice.. Tech told me this.. Have no clue what it means, but it Burns up my bionic.. On my 4th.. That's whY I'm on here.. My TB's bootloader was unlocked obviously, so was looking into the rezound as a replacement.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I don't understand what you're trying to say...

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
Rezound is a world phone

I spoke to HTC directly about this very thing. I discovered the other radios with the PHONE INFO APP (WCDMA, GSM (only), GLOBAL MODE, GSM+LTE/EVDO auto, GLOBAL LTE MODE) along with the standard CDMA+LTE/EVDO auto and CDMA auto (PRL). Also so confirmed by when I pulled of the back battery cover and exposed several of the gold plated radio antenna's. The HTC tech support manager said to me that HTC Rezound is a world phone despite Verizon's tech support claims that it will only work on Verizon's LTE/CDMA network. HTC's tech said that this phone will work any where in the world. All you need is the SIM card and the SIM Card unlock codes that Verizon should provide to you if you have been a customer long enough. She further said that you can ONLY GET THE CODES FROM VERIZON'S TECH SUPPORT, NOT FROM VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVICE.

She said with the SIM Card and Codes the phone will operate any where in the world where their is a cell phone signal. Depending on the Network it's hit or miss on having data service, but you will be able to receive and make call plus send and receive text no matter with or without data service.

OP
orionsvantage

orionsvantage

Reaction score
Yeah, I talked to HTC about this as well and got a completely different answer. Turns out that there isn't GSM based radios in the device at all (gold plated antennas doesn't prove what type of radio is in the phone). The options to use these radios are built into the software even though the hardware doesn't exist. This causes the wcdma reboot problem. The next update from HTC will remove these options.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
orionsvantage

orionsvantage

Reaction score
Also, every verizon tech support rep I've talked to (literally dozens) has no idea about rezounds global mode and they don't have sin unlock codes for the device either

Graymayre

Reaction score
You will get the options in the programming anyway on most devices, but if you select an option that the phone does not support, your signal will go out. My Bionic has the option for GSM only, but this is not supported by the hardware whatsoever.

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

OP
orionsvantage

orionsvantage

Reaction score
I didn't know that. My thunderbolt didn't have those options which is why I was confused/surprised

Graymayre

Reaction score
Yeah, its sometimes hard to determine if it is just common programming or device specific. Of course the build is device specific, but it is still a runoff of the common software.

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.