32GB RAM - brands to avoid?

jasonb

Reaction score
none of those are the size we need. as far as i know nobody actually has a 32 gig in the size we need yet.

ksarauer

Reaction score
The SD and SDHC cards are the same form factor. The HC is stands for high capacity. I'm pretty sure the 32GB SDHC cards will work just fine. I do not believe they will ever make a 32GB SD card.

jefbystereo

Reaction score
I think what people are saying is 32gb micro SDHC's dont exist yet.

All of the links the OP sent were to 16x2 micro SD, or a 32 full size SD. That first link shows a full sized SD even though it says micro, so I would be wary of its accuracy

Reaction score
The SD and SDHC cards are the same form factor. The HC is stands for high capacity. I'm pretty sure the 32GB SDHC cards will work just fine. I do not believe they will ever make a 32GB SD card.

Bingo.

I would also be very cautious when buying that one...check Newegg or Amazon, they are the two best online retailers, if they do not have it between them, good luck finding it.

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
32Gig SD card??? It's a pink Elephant. They simply do not exist. Sorry but the best you can do is 16Gig but be sure that the speed is 6 which is the highest class od Micro SD you can buy.Also, as far as brand names go; you can never go wrong with Sandisk, or Kingston IMHO

Silver Member
Reaction score

Bingo.

I would also be very cautious when buying that one...check Newegg or Amazon, they are the two best online retailers, if they do not have it between them, good luck finding it.

32Gig SD card??? It's a pink Elephant. They simply do not exist. Sorry but the best you can do is 16Gig but be sure that the speed is 6 which is the highest class od Micro SD you can buy.Also, as far as brand names go; you can never go wrong with Sandisk, or Kingston IMHO
32GB SDHC cards DO exist.

32GB MICRO SDHC cards do NOT YET exist.

make sure you guys are on the same page as OP. standard SD never came into question.

ksarauer

Reaction score
32GB SDHC cards DO exist.

32GB MICRO SDHC cards do NOT YET exist.

make sure you guys are on the same page as OP. standard SD never came into question.

Yes! MICRO SDHC cards are needed (thanks for clarifying)