32GB Nexus 7 Tablets Already Spotted at Staples

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
32gb-nexus7-at-staples-with-receipt-theverge.png

Here's a story that came in late Friday from TheVerge, but bears reporting even after the weekend. Apparently, a lucky consumer already got their hands on the Google Nexus 7 32GB version. The tab isn't supposed to go on sale until October 29th, but this crafty customer took back an 8GB version and upgraded to the next step up by paying the difference. Somehow he was able to finagle the store into handing him the 32GB model instead of the 16GB one. This is apparently because the 16GB model is not the one that will be phased out.

Apparently, at least according to Staples, the 8GB model will be dropped, and the 16GB model will replace it at the $199 price-point, while the 32GB will replace the 16GB model at the $249 price-point. It seems to me that several of our astute members have suggested precisely this scenario. Nice call guys!

Source: NexusTablets.net via TheVerge

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Though not too disapponting, I am a bit bummed out that I am stuck with the 16 gig version. Oh well...such is life. Maybe I'll try to sell mine to my mother in law who is wanting one for $200 and get the 32 gig.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Might be a market for the 8 GB on ebay/craigslist/etc. if one sells it in the $100 - $150 regime. I probably won't seek to upgrade any time soon though.