32GB microSDHC card Class 10?

lykofos

Reaction score
Anyone using one of these? Thoughts?

I need the extra space for video / photo / music. The Lexar is the cheapest, but I had problems with a Lexar card several years ago that completely failed / corrupted all the photos taken with my DSLR. I've bought Sandisk ever since, but they don't make a class 10 microSDHC. Any opinions on Lexar vs Kingston?

I found these three:

Lexar 32GB SDHC Class 10 - $64.24 (on sale)
http://amzn.com/B004AM610M

Kingston 32GB SDHC Class 10 - $99.95
Kingston 32GB microSDHC Class 10 Gen 2 Memory MBLY10G2/32GB B&H

Sandisk 32GB SDHC Class 6 (apparently sandisk doesn't make a class 10 yet) - $125.99
SanDisk® Mobile Ultra

Droid3720

Reaction score
Great question. I've been looking into getting a 32GB card myself. I hope someone with better knowledge than me can answer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Also something I'm looking into tomorrow, but class 10 doesn't really matter. Just a way for them to jack up the price, by the time class 10 really DOES make a difference, there'll be a whole new system and/or brand thats even faster faster than those...

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'll just put this put there...
Don't get a class ten... The Droids can't handle those speeds... And can problems to arise...
The best class for the Droid system is either a 4 or a 6

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

ripper2860

Reaction score
Using a 32GB class 4 on mine and it works nicely.

AlexSB

Reaction score
Whatever the TB came with is what I'm using, I just formatted it and its good to go

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

evileyefox

Reaction score
I have the lexar class 10, it is very nice, very fast write speed.
Keep in mind that the class rating affects write speed only, read speeds are about the same.
To the guy who said the hardware can't handle ot, what's your evidence? It's only 10mB/s. If it can't handle that then I'd be surprised.

onebigunion

Reaction score
Unless you are using the videocam function a lot, no need to bother with high speed cards. You wont see any difference and reliability may be worse wih higher class cards

OP
lykofos

lykofos

Reaction score
Well, I ended up ordering the Lexar 32GB microSDHC Class 10 card, it went down even further in price today on Amazon to $47.99. Couldn't pass that up (only $10 more than a Sandisk 32GB Class 4).

And the Bionic can support a class 10 sdhc card, straight from the moto website:
https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/60462
Generally speaking, all of our Android phones that support microSD cards support SDHC (secure digital high capacity); SDHC refers to capacity. Most phones can support up to 32GB capacity SDHC SDcards.

• Android also supports high speed SDcards. High speed means that the bus runs up to 50MHz, which is 25MBytes per second. A rough understanding of the class system, is MBytes per second. So a Class 10 card will write up to 10 MBytes per second. Since the high speed bus can transfer data up to 25MBytes per second, we can support a class up to Class 25 (when those cards are available). Class 10 cards exist today, which we fully support.
Here's a discussion with tons of phone card speed info I came across. Basically boiled down to:
32GB microsd cards - xda-developers
Class 10 is the fastest for sequential speeds. Lower class cards have better random speeds. Random speed is better for application launching, while sequential is better for file transfers and music/video.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I picked up a class 10 micro sd in 32 gigabyte from patriot at Fry's <$50 last week and it rocks the large file divx movie xfer's...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I've been using the Lexar class 10 since I've had my Bionic and it hasn't caused me any issues at all.