320GB Saygus Phone At CES

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Jan 6, 2015.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,239
    [​IMG]

Saygus has been showing off what they call a "Super Smarphone". This phone is suped up for sure. It has a spec list on on steroids. Specs include a modest 5" 1080p display, and a quadcore processor clocked at 2.6Ghz and 3GB of Ram. The Saygus V2 is for the person who consumes tons of media. The phone can handle up to 320GB of storage. You get 64GB preloaded internal storage, and two SDCard slots. Cameras include a 21mp rear facing camera and a 13mp front facing camera. Other key features include Harmon Kardon speakers, fingerprint scanner, Qi charger, and more. This is a pretty sweet looking phone, but Saygus is not divulging the release date or pricing.

Via TheVerge

Here's a link straight to the company's landing page for this phone: Saygus The V

#1 DroidModderX, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2015
  2. cybertec69

cybertec69 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +318
    Now that is sweet.:D

3. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,290
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    That is one beast of a phone. I am genuinely impressed with it's looks, fingerprint scanner, storage capacity (dual SD cards), Harmon Kardon speakers, and the LEDs (two??? Why?)

#3 FoxKat, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  4. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,455
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    I think what you meant to say was "Why NOT?" Haha!

All-in-all, I'm not sure I'd call this thing a BEAST in any sense other than it's ability to hoard that much data. All of the rest of the specs are kinda hovering around others are right now, but for those who find themselves at the end of the line with a 128GB card, if you need more than this thing offers, you might wanna do some re-evaluating.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. jkaod

jkaod Gold Member

Ratings:
    +433
    Specs look very good for a current top shelf phone, but the storage WOW!! Blows them all out of the water. Removable battery, nice. It all comes down to how it functions in real life. With a start up company, you never know. Does it have the hardware to pull in a signal like a moto? Battery life?? Is it as smooth as a Sammy? Does it take pictures like an iphone? The price point seems pretty good too. They say that it is expected to be $100 less than other top of the line phones. If they can do it, why can't Moto or Sammy do it? They can, they just choose not to. Hopefully it will be a great phone and it will push the others to follow suit. Better and better devices. YAY!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. cybertec69

cybertec69 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +318
    Will it be on Verizon, I doubt it.

7. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,713
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
    Awesomesauce!
    Personally, I'm all for 1080p phone displays. They consume much less power and the difference in screen quality over a comparable 4K model is negligible on such a small screen. Sure it's noticeable, but not to the point where it's worth sacrificing overall battery life.
    Regardless, this device will definitely help steer the market in the right direction with its massive storage capabilities.

S5 tap'n

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jonny Kansas

Ratings:
    +8,455
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    At the end of the day, you're still pushing up against Google's stance that sd cards are too complicated for users though.

I'm just glad to see any oem allow sd cards, let alone 2. In wondering how that space is managed by the software, being split. Would be interesting to see if it's all viewed as one volume or 2 positions.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

9. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,713
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
    I seriously doubt Google will completely abandon ext sd cards. Not as long as manufacturers continue releasing phones like this. On top of that, most consumers continue to strongly support external sd cards over cloud storage.
    If I'm not mistaken, didn't the release of 5.0 return the option of moving apps to SD?

S5 tap'n

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jonny Kansas

Ratings:
    +8,455
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    I know they did back-peddle a bit on sd cards, but I forget exactly what they gave back.

11. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,290
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    What I meant by beast was both the huge access to storage both internally and by not just one, but TWO MicroSD card slots (again, TWO???). Also what makes this a beast is by the Harmon Kardon speakers - a definite step in the right direction for ALL Cellphone manufacturers to learn from (co-branding is a great way to enhance value and performance while allowing both manufacturers to leverage each others' successes and reputations and build marketshare).

Still further, I agree with @jkaod , in regards to the removable battery. Don't get me wrong...I'm not necessarily an advocate of removable batteries per se, since they bring with them added potential contact failure points, and also disrupt the case's integrity to ward off dust, dirt and moisture, however there is a genuine value in being able to easily replace it yourself, as well as manufacturers being able to even add an extended battery option as was the case with the OGD, and (is), with many other phones.

Yet another "benefit" is actually the lower resolution of the screen. I agree with @cr6 that 1080P (or is it 1080P HD), resolution is plenty for a 5 - 5.5" screen, and will result in less load on the processor/coprocessor as well as less power consumption. Then there's the fingerprint scanner and two huge cameras...

I guess what I'm saying is that in order to be a "beast" IMHO, it doesn't mean that all the specs need to be top end. On the contrary, they should be sufficient at least, to do the job with no lag and have sufficient headroom going forward to last as a serviceable device for at least 2 years. In other words, it should be equipped to do the job, and do it well. Moto X 1st generation is a perfect example of that.

This phone has it all...current top specs in some respects, quite capable specs in others, and even some cutting edge specs where it counts. That's what can set apart a great phone from a "cutting edge" device that trips over itself or is criticized for not hitting on all cylinders.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Jonny Kansas

Ratings:
    +8,455
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    I hear you completely. I also think a removable battery is a great idea with that much storage. If you fill it with pictures or especially videos & music & intend to be viewing / listening to all of that media, that battery's gonna feel it regularly.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

Search tags for this page

320gb phone

320gb fone

cse phone with 21mp back n 13mp rear camera