32 GB Memory Card for Droid 1

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
I have the Droid 1, and I currently have the 16 GB card that came with it when I bought it. I have it filled up with music and apps and such, and I was wondering if I could get a 32 GB card for it. I didn't know if there would be any problems with transfering all my info and files from my 16gb to the 32 gb if i get one. I read that the droid 1 is 32 gb expandable, what exactly does that mean? Also, I looked for 32 gb memory cards online and they were all like 90 bucks, i was wondering if anybody knew where I could get one for cheaper? thanks for all of yalls help

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I swapped out my original SD card to the 32MB card without any issues. Just copied the contents over to my pc and then pasted them back to the new card after I formatted the new card.

The cost you reference is better than I paid, so I can't help you find a cheaper alternative.

jaben2

Reaction score
Check ebay. You can find some, however they will more than likely be fake, and or not work.
I tried a cheap one off ebay.
It showed up okay on my computer, but would not work on my phone.
I will buy another one. This time though I will buy it from verizon.
Good luck finding one.

Knowthenazz

Reaction score
Hi,

I heard that you need to be running 2.2 in order to recognize an 32GB card.

Is this true?

Up here in Canada, we aren't scheduled to receive the 2.2 upgrade until Q1 2011.

Thanks!

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
so if i do get a 32 gb card, will i be able to swap it or put it into a different phone? Im thinking of getting a new droid phone possibly in jan or feb, so im wondering if it will go into whatever new smartphone i decide to get

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
An SDHC card is a universal component. Any device that can accept a MicroSD card will accept it as long as the device supports SDHC (which most if not all do these days).

Knowthenazz

Reaction score
Hi,

I heard that you need to be running 2.2 in order to recognize an 32GB card.

Is this true?

Up here in Canada, we aren't scheduled to receive the 2.2 upgrade until Q1 2011.

Thanks!

rooting is always a great option.

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually am rooted, but, haven't made the switch to 2.2 yet. Most of the development for 2.2 for the Milestone seems to be pretty new so far. I was thinking of waiting until it matures up a bit. I'm reasonably happy with my 2.1 for now.

But, will 2.1 recognize the 32GB card?

Thanks!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, there are plenty of sources. There are also plenty of threads where people share where they have purchased them if you don't know how to use Google Product Search or other online shopping tools.

As with any other online/tech shopping, stick with reputable brands and resellers.

Also, I looked for 32 gb memory cards online and they were all like 90 bucks, i was wondering if anybody knew where I could get one for cheaper? thanks for all of yalls help
90 is about as good as it typically gets currently. I'd be suspicious of anything cheaper.

shopdaddy

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I saw a listing on walmart.com for a 32Gb class 6 micro SD card for $98. Free shipping to the nearest store. May not be $20 like the ebay cards, but at least you know it's a legit card. I am hoping they come down even more around christmas.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Are you sure that it is an micro card? I only found HDHC cards at that price. Cool if it's true, I've just about filled my 16 GB card. Never thought I'd ever fill it. I still remember when 4 GB was all I'd ever need, silly me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

shopdaddy

Reaction score
Oops, my bad. I saw the packaging it came in and thought it was the adapter they typically include. You're right. Just a regular SDHC.

amerifax

Reaction score
so if i do get a 32 gb card, will i be able to swap it or put it into a different phone? Im thinking of getting a new droid phone possibly in jan or feb, so im wondering if it will go into whatever new smartphone i decide to get

Memory cards are not based on phone. The card is a standard. If your phone calles for 32 any 32 will work. Althogh some 32 can be faster. Menory cards do come in different speeds. Almost any speed would be the same for what you would be doing. Location of purchase is important.

I find Verizon to be very high. For years I have been getting my memory and DVD etc form MeritLine. Great pricing and solid stock.

I should mention I'm using it on a Droidx, which is the greatest phone I have had.
Bob

motoconvert

Reaction score
Well, I'm glad to know that I am not the only one who has almost filled their card...Hoping that someplace will have one on sale for black friday!!