30 Best Android App List

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
apps.jpg

In these times of 100K plus apps in the Market it has become harder than ever to know what is essentially, well not so much anymore thanks to TC. Techcrunch has taken the mission of making a list that puts together the best Apps available for download in the store and thankfully they separated the paid apps from the free, so you don't have to worry which is which. The apps range from media apps, games, and just resourceful apps.

Personally I like the apps that they have selected; I have most of them installed on my device.

Here is a little preview of the titles they selected:
1) Kindle
2) Skyfire,
3) Google Voice,
4) Evernote,
5) Barcode Scanner

Now as you can see here they actually have some pretty good apps on the list. I can say without a doubt that Google Voice is my favorite on that list, I mean my G2 set it as my default voice mail service and now I can check my voice mail directly from my Google voice widget for Google Chrome. I can say I love how Google does everything so they work together and are sync like Chrome to phone that should have made it on the list.

So if you have your phone next to you check these apps out and even PowerAMP if you want the best music experience available on an Android device.

Full list: Techcrunch

Tallen1331

Reaction score
disagree with this list much more than i agree with it...
dropbox and angry birds are paid apps? wonder which market this dude was looking at..

think the list overall is best to be ignored and read some of the threads on this forum to get a more educated idea of what a good app really is.

Detonation

Reaction score
So what makes this list better than any of the other ones out there, enough to be front page newsworthy? The news forum is losing its meaning...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The # 2 paid app is task manager
...and #1 is Root Explorer - That is my pick too

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

soccerdon1981

Reaction score
Why is having a task manager such a bad thing? :)

Reading the comments on that blog was pretty fun. Hello! Angry Birds is free!

My two cents.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate via Tapatalk

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
At the very least its a standard list for the standard user, with a few exceptions.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

soccerdon1981

Reaction score
Have you guys checked out iTriage? Neat healthcare app like webmd, but unlike webmd...it doesn't tell you that you are dead half the time. I'd add that to the list along with pandora, Chicagoway and Flikie Wallpapers. :)

More cents from me...

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate via Tapatalk

accellpo

Reaction score
Even though most of the list is a joke, Advanced Task Manager is fantastic, and deserves to be number 2! I hate that it gets lumped into the same category with task killers when its so much more. People who haven't even tried the paid app down it out of pure ignorance. This is a nice utility app for any Android device no matter what OS version you're running.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even though most of the list is a joke, Advanced Task Manager is fantastic, and deserves to be number 2! I hate that it gets lumped into the same category with task killers when its so much more. People who haven't even tried the paid app down it out of pure ignorance. This is a nice utility app for any Android device no matter what OS version you're running.

Can't see any reason it should be needed...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

+10,000

But no matter what you say Tank, it's going to be an issue.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Task killers are stupid people, let's all please just agree on this so they stop getting on "must have" lists like this. Android will close apps when needed, and if an app is hung up just go into settings > manage apps > all apps and close the app yourself. See, Android can do it...

I always love lists like these, but always disagree with the people. Like why Skyfire? That is a crap browser. Also, what the heck is Lookout for, virus scanning? Is this really necessary, no.. mehh... im done complaining haha...

accellpo

Reaction score

Well, I can only speak for myself, so I can tell you how its useful for me.
I like to know, at a glance, whats going on with my device. For example, for memory info, I could click through menus to find this, then do some math(82mb in 8 Avail:113mb +131mb in 19), and find my answer. But I prefer to look in ATM in one click and see Free MEM 154mb, Number of processes:18. It gives me batt info, sdcard info, system memory, and random access memory all in one click. Nice for me!

Batch operations. With over 250 apps on my phone, sometimes I want to uninstall multiple apps at once. Or move multiple apps to my sdcard. ATM, at a glance, gives me a list of apps that supports apps2sd, and the option to pick and choose the ones I want to move, all at once. Of course widgets don't work correctly installed on the sd, so its also intelligent enough not to include them to my list.

As far as killing tasks. For the most part, its understood that you shouldn't have to do this with Android, but with all the 3rd party apps we use, sometimes they just go haywire. My stock browser just gave me a problem yesterday where it wouldn't stop loading. Sure, I could wait for Android to shut it down, or go through menus, wait for a list of all my apps to populate (over 250), find the app, and then stop it, But ATM is very integrated with the OS in how it handles ending apps, and it take me to the exact same "applications details" screen in less than a second, and lets me force stop the app in one click.

True indeed Tanknspank, it may not be a necessity because you can ultimately do all of this without ATM. But for me, I bought it back when I had the G1, and its been with me through 5 different Android devices since. It is a quality app, with constant development, and it doesn't deserve the bad rep of task killer! I wouldn't go a day without its convenience. My apologizes for the long, off topic, response.