3 month performance review of droid

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by rafi008, Apr 11, 2010.

1. rafi008

rafi008 New Member

ok,let me just say first that i do love this phone,however,there are some things that are so simply bad that if i asked my 10 year old daughter to come up with ,she couldnt possibly get it any worse.now i must give you some background of smart phone migration, 1-palm trio,loved it.waited to see whats next,well i phone.got it ,choppy and lacked simple feuters that the treo had,such as forwarding text,multiple deletes at once copy paste,and so on.granted it was fixed in few months and i was satisfied.waited to see whats next.i wanted the phone to be smart and over the air updates and add on .i phone was not going to give me that,so started looking.blackberry,ancient in design,palm gandolf,no big deal,palm pre and palm pixy.terrible.oh oh droid is coming.
    so i made the jump from my i phone to droid,excellent phone terrible apps,they say some 10k apps,oh yeh,well take away the ring clips,sexy this and sexy that,soundboard up the ying yang,wallpapers up the ying yang,quotes,multiple theams,all kinds of sports team apps and ring image apps ,and you get not much apps worth while.most force close consistently.the apps will never come close to the i phone as i am learning about the android platform.as far as copy and paste,here is where if you told a 5 year to make a copy paste program ,they will not get it as terrible as we have on this device,boggles my mind,(steal shamelessly from i phone simplicity).useless in so many ways,disappointing for productivity purposes.this device has so much great things but lacks so many simple tasks and commands that the i phone has.so at the end ,the main reason i still love this device for me,is the over the air updates and data entry thru google contacts,address book and mail.
  2. ShowTime

ShowTime New Member

What problems are you having with copy and paste? Seems to always work relatively well for me, granted I don't use it a ton. And of course the apps for Android aren't as refined yet, there's been an iPhone market for about 4x longer than there has been an Android market. Quality takes time.
  3. naykam0810

naykam0810 New Member

I'm not sure how many smartphones you have owned. My first smarthphone was a Palm Treo 650, then the 700, and they both sucked. After that I switched to the HTC Tilt, which was a great improvement and then I moved on to the Iphone 3G and 3GS. Currently I own a Motorola Droid and I can assure you that the Droid is by far the best phone I have owned. I don't even think you can compare the palm treo with the iphone or droid. :icon_eek:
  4. rafi008

rafi008 New Member

don't have functionality issues with copy and paste,just the ease of use,first you cant copy from any text or website or e mail or mms ,text messaging,some you can and i know about it.but just the ease of use.opening the keyboard ,holding the shift key and placing your finger on the text,good luck getting the proper text choice you want.just doesn't cut it.i phone cut and past is far superior,i thought it would be taken care of with the 2.1 update but no.
  5. rafi008

rafi008 New Member

i agree as well,however a simple cut and paste program, give me a brake,my switching to Verizon and droid was more of the in ability of the i phone to sync over the air,not able to sync with more than 1 PC and that wasn't going to be fixed.i love the ability to use all my productivity issues with Google without third party apps like the i phone.the blackberry looked to ancient to me and the palm pre fell short when i compared with droid.quick example,the pre didn't have a landscape ability,what that's all about couldn't figure it out.
  6. EtherGnat

EtherGnat New Member

Using the keyboard can be much more accurate for copy and paste selections. Have you tried that?

Typing and text navigation tips:
    Insert special character ALT + SPACEBAR opens special character selector
    Delete character to left DEL
    Delete character to right SHIFT + DEL
    Delete entire line ALT + DEL
    Persistent CAPS Press SHIFT twice; press SHIFT again to escape
    Jump cursor to beginning/end of line ALT + roll TRACKBALL left/right
    Create tab character ALT + q
    Highlight (select) text SHIFT + roll TRACKBALL
    Cut text MENU + x, or Highlight text, press & hold TRACKBALL, select Cut
    Copy text to clipboard MENU + c, or Highlight text, press & hold
    TRACKBALL, select Copy
    Paste text copied to clipboard MENU + v, or Highlight text, press & hold
    TRACKBALL, select Paste
    Undo change MENU + z
    Select all text in field MENU + a, or Highlight text, press & hold
    TRACKBALL, select Select all

(substitute the d-pad for the trackball)

What other problems do you have? Apps are getting there (slowly). I can say they're worlds better than they were six months ago.
  7. rafi008

rafi008 New Member

exactly my point ,to go thru all that ,now compare to the i phone
    1-put your finger on the text ,copy and paste.done.
    to much to disappointing of a function.
  8. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

You're right the copy paste on email sucks.

After that I have absolutely no idea what you said.:D

If this is your first posting however, :welcome: to the Forums.

You might want to use a period or a capital letter here or there. I don't usually criticize someones grammar, I realize it's the internet but that was a bit much. I'm just telling you this so you can get more responses in the future.

Droid does do punctuation.;)
  9. ShowTime

ShowTime New Member

There were actually quite a few commas and periods used.... just erratically and without proper spacing in most cases :D
  10. rafi008

rafi008 New Member

Was watching hockey game and golf ,wasn't paying that much attention to grammar.
    the bottom line is copy and paste function on this phone and software is disappointing.By the way still watching golf and listening to hockey game.
  11. rafi008

rafi008 New Member

Has anyone out there experienced a call quality issue like mine.every once in while ,while on a call the conversation starts sounding like cyborg .can't understand the person and i am forced to hang up and call back.
Search tags for this page

3 month performance review example

android undo paste