94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
FoxKat said:
OK, so if the "traffic cop" is working overtime, there must be a LOT of unruly traffic! My phone's "streets" must be completely empty or I have tremendously courteous apps :)biggrin:) as I've NEVER seen that service running.

Clearly there is SOME sort of app conflict or something installed that is a total hog. By the way, did the OP say something about Virus Scan? I don't use one and I've never had good results with a running Virus utility. I ONLY use stand-alone Virus scans that work when I ask them to and aren't there any other time. Norton on Windows PCs is the WORST! I wonder if the problem is the Virus Scanner?

Lol, I thought that if it was the "traffic cop" it should be fired lol. I see this pop up every now and then, but not ever in the battery use area.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So I just went into applications and it says this app changes data connectivity. Perhaps it stores wifi passwords as well?

To see what would happen, I cleared data and did a force stop. Nothing has changed or happened that I'm aware of. All of my passwords and bookmarks and Wi-Fi passwords ate all there. So idk?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!!

Chukee

Reaction score
I talk for 3hrs every single night to the gf and never have over heating issues.

foxhoundad

Reaction score
Overheating on Droid

I have also had over heating issues on all of my Razr Maxx phones. I have had 3 phones in 2 months and they all have been over 105-115 degrees and uncomfortable to hold. The last one I got as soon as I first powered it up it was at 100 degrees. It had been in shipping box and an airconditioned room and had never been turned on, it should have been in the mid to low 70's. I only use one app at a time. If i go online or on facebook, or on Pandora, I stop the application as soon as i am done with it.

i have had all the phones set to turn data off when screen is locked and screen time out in 15 seconds. I always toggle GPS and background data off, and keep the display turned really low. I have the Task manager set to turn off all apps 2 minutes after screen is timed out and I have used an advanced taske killer, It still gets uncomfortably hot. A phone should not be getting that hot.

What are people who do not have over heating issues doing different than the people who have had over heating issues? I am waiting for my 4th phone in the mail and i am getting tired of going through so many phones. I dont ask for new phones they just keep sending me a new one when I tell tech line of my problems. There has to be a reason these phones are getting hot, I do not buy the excuse that these phones are "small and have big batteries" and sealed with water resistent nano technology trapping in the heat. If they can't build a phone that doesnt over heat then they need to fix the problem. I love my Droid and its an awesome phone! It just gets too hot!

OP
O

on2344

Reaction score
Ok, so an update after ICS - the phone has been holding steady at 95F even during heavy 4G LTE browsing. It was getting hotter, but after background data is shut off it works great!

You do have to deal with an annoying "warning" in your status bar after you shut background data off though.

Anyone else having issues/improvements with ICS?

foxhoundad

Reaction score
ics

Ok so i got the ics update right around june 29th. I had issues getting the backup assistant fixed but finally figured out how to fix it. Other than that the ics system for the most part its very nice. I have done issues with it being slow and unresponsive opening up certain apps our using Swype text. It still runs around 102 degrees during heavy use but i find it only does that when trying to search for 4g lte. All in ask I'm happy but i wish it didn't get warm to the touch. Time will tell:blink:

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
What are you using to check temps?

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The temp of the device is really the fault of the processor... the temps it reaches are pretty astonishing.. but the device shuts down before potentially dangerous temps..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

foxhoundad

Reaction score
I use the sense analog app. It shows time weather battery status and memory

DustinCaud

Reaction score
The recent Ice Cream Sandwich update has a pretty big flaw that is causing the battery to drain extremely fast and the phone to get hot. There is a fix that will help correct this issue until Verizon issues an over the air update for there screw up.

You will have to boot the phone into recovery mode and wipe the phones cache (this is not a factory reset and will not loose the customers data if you follow my instructions below. Verizon missed this small but serious detail!

Step 1. Power the phone off

Step 2. Hold both the Volume up and down key and press the power button and release.

*note you should now see a screen that says Boot Mode Selection Menu*

Step 3. Press the volume down key until you highlight Recovery. Select it by pressing the volume up key.

Step 4. You will see the Motorola symbol come up and then followed with about 30 seconds of nothing. Be patient and the android man with an exclamation point on his stomach will come up.

Step 5. Now all at once press the volume up, down and power button and blue lettering will pop up above.

Step 6. Use the volume down key and scroll to Wipe cache partition. **MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT SELECT wipe data/factor reset!!**

Step 7. Once highlighted on wipe cache partition use the power button to select it.

Step 8. Be patient an the blue lettered selection will reappear at the top. It will automatically highlight reboot system now. Select it by using the power button and you are done!

Faded555

Reaction score
I just felt the need to clarify things here , I have an optimus 3D , and it has an omap 4430
The same one that's in the razzr and razzr maxx , and in my opinion , it is not normal for
Dual core phones to get that hot , I am running my optimus at 1.3ghz and it gets realy hot
Some times , but I get 4100+ on quadrant 2.0 so I'm happy , but the thing is the phone gets
Hot because the proccessor can't handle the speed at wich it is working and that
Speed causes friction and friction causes heat , and heat is bad when thers to much,
So the only problem is that the proccessor will heat up on any frequency above 1ghz
And the overheating is 100% thanks to motorola for not using the omap 4460 ,
My advice is root , and use set cpu to underclock to 1ghz it won't ever overheat like that
Or you could bare the heat ( sorry for the long message guys , I actualy only registerd to
Prove a point and help some people out if they need it:) )

soonerborn14

Reaction score
Faded555 said:
I just felt the need to clarify things here , I have an optimus 3D , and it has an omap 4430
The same one that's in the razzr and razzr maxx , and in my opinion , it is not normal for
Dual core phones to get that hot , I am running my optimus at 1.3ghz and it gets realy hot
Some times , but I get 4100+ on quadrant 2.0 so I'm happy , but the thing is the phone gets
Hot because the proccessor can't handle the speed at wich it is working and that
Speed causes friction and friction causes heat , and heat is bad when thers to much,
So the only problem is that the proccessor will heat up on any frequency above 1ghz
And the overheating is 100% thanks to motorola for not using the omap 4460 ,
My advice is root , and use set cpu to underclock to 1ghz it won't ever overheat like that
Or you could bare the heat ( sorry for the long message guys , I actualy only registerd to
Prove a point and help some peopl out if they need it:) )

my maxx is 26 days old it over heated and no longer works!