3 Important(for me) questions

Guitartguy

Reaction score
Hi there

I am very interested in the Droid, but I have 3 issues I need to resolve before I can replace my current device (HTC-6800 windows phone)

1- I need to verify that I will be able to access, view, and search within the personal maps I've created on Google"My Maps" I've spent over an hour at the Verizon store playing with the Droid. I logged into my google account but when I open "maps" I don't see a way to view "My Maps" I can do this with my windows phone.

2-I need to verify that I can access my home PC with the Droid with software like PCNOW or Got To My PC. I played around with this also at Verizon, but was unsuccessful accessing my PC through PCNow. I think it's just a matter of getting the right mobile viewer for the Droid. Any ideas?

3-Can I sync with Outlook? and if so, can I have more than 1 contact folder on the Droid? I currently have an Outlook Contact folder for Bus and one for personal on my PC.

I appreciate any help on these issues.

Thanks

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome. I'll take a stab at some of these. I'm not an expert, because I don't use all the features you're interested in:

1. Maps - I don't use this much, but I have read that maps can be layered on the Droid, but I can not directly address your question concerning search-ability.

2. PhoneMyPC will do it. I've used it to run some proprietary software that my company forces me to use to access their databases. I was in Florida and the Laptop was in Baton Rouge. Worked fine for me. I even used it the other day to activate my laptop's camera to check on the dogs while my wife and I were out. :) BTW, they were fine.

3. I sync my Outlook contacts via my Gmail contacts. It works perfectly for me. I do not have need for two contact folders so I can't help you with that. You may need two gmail accounts to do that, but that's just a guess on my part.

Good luck.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
1) There is a "My Maps Editor by Google" app that can be downloaded for free. It syncs with the web's My Maps. You can create My Maps on the web or edit them on your phone with this app.

2) VNC is just one of a couple apps that let you access/control your pc desktop from your phone.

3) I'll leave for someone else. I don't do this but there are some outlook syncing apps in the market.

Good luck!