3.5mm jack to RCA cables?

OP
S

SCDroid

Reaction score
Well, i hooked the 3 band 3.5mm cable to my surround sound with JUST the audio hooked in and it put the sound through. So it'll work, just won't do the video. Oh well, thought it was a good idea.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Three bands would be needed :) 2 for audio and 1 for video :) Maybe there's something to this?
4 actually as you have to have ground. The black "bands" are insulators. They don't carry anything. It's the metal bands (the conductors) that matter.

I'm still under the impression that the Micro USB is the only way to get video off the phone... (to display on another device)
I doubt it's capable of video out. You can mount and read video files via USB but that's not the same thing.

i didn't think so. I went out to buy just the audio but i figured why would they make an audio and video if it didn't work

Did every one just ignore this?
Pretty much. The logic is flawed. Why would the cable manufacturer's decision to make an AV cable have any impact on whether the Droid has video out or not? There are devices that output video via a 3.5mm jack (like camcorders & iPods, for example) but the Droid isn't among those devices.

Last edited:

snowman

Reaction score
it's an audio jack only no video out guys, on the Droid
ipod was made to video out as was the zune