3.2 Requests

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by mdbray, May 15, 2010.

1. mdbray

mdbray New Member

I post this without knowing what Chevy is working on (if anything) for 3.2...

3.1 is a ridiculously solid release so I think any added features would just be icing on the cake.

Two things I think would add to it's appeal:
    -An updated battery icon that changes every 10% (I really like the circular one that is included in other ROMS)
    -When accessing the keypad when you're already in a call I think it could really use a makeover appearance wise. I LOVE the look of the regular dialer but something about the in-call keypad interferes with my ADD :)

Chevy,
    Thanks again for all that you do.
  2. nagmier

nagmier New Member

I second the 10% battery suggestion... I like the current look of the battery tho...

I thought I read somewhere it only reports in 20% increments but that may be wrong...
    I have temporarily switched to using the DE Blue theme but I'm pretty sure I'm going back to my SS 3.1 backup today... I have found it to be pretty laggy compared to SS 3.1 There are some nice features but its not Simply Stunning :D
  3. mdbray

mdbray New Member

The battery reports @ 10% increments (you can check via SetCPU or the lock screen when you're charging) so hopefully that's something that can be done.

What I like about Simply Stunning is that it looks and works great straight out of the box.

Until they get a stable Incredible ROM ported to the DROID I'll stick with SS.
  4. meishkov

meishkov New Member

Yea I'm using the green circular battery icon, tried using the blue circular battery and it was lagging on my system for some reason, had to do a restore.
    I love the way the dialer looks compared to the stock one. I'd say leave the dialer alone.
    One thing I saw somewhere was on the lockscreen, it just has the 2 buttons, and not the outline around the buttons. The 2 buttons on the lockscreen, the unlock and mute is what I'm talking about. Maybe it's something you could put a vote on for. Besides that I can't really think of anything that needs much improvement.

Oh yea for some reason I can't get the Market icon to turn blue. Ever since Metamorph started using those new .xml files I can't get it. I converted the .thm from the high res blue theme to .xml using the themecontrol convertor and it says it's applying it to Vending.apk, but it never changes. Even reboots don't change it. Anybody know what's up with this?

EDIT: Just remembered, couldn't get the AudioManager widget themed to blue like some other people could. Not sure if Chevy would want this or not. But yea I think one nice thing would be the battery in 10% increments. NICE
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
  5. nagmier

nagmier New Member

I am pretty sure its already on the list buuuuut...

Apps2SD support would be REALLY nice I have about 100Mb free still but I would like that number alot higher especially since I plan on getting a 32Gb card soon after they are widely available
  6. virtualhuman

virtualhuman New Member

I'd love to see something like Pete's "pete" file that runs scripts on boot. I don't care about (and deleted) all the lines regarding overclocking in favor of SetCPU because I want SetCPU for profiles anyway, but the memory management and ability to kill off apps that run on startup are nice touches.

It would also be great to see the free version of Titanium Backup bundled into the ROM. >His site< says it's integrated into the MoDaCo ROMs so I bet he'd be fine with it if Chevy asks.

Also, I haven't used it myself, but the >Cytown phone mod< sounds very appealing.

Lastly, I hope Chevy is planning on dropping the 125MHz slot from the kernels after the poll showed that the large majority do not use it.

Looking forward to the next SS regardless.
  7. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Hey everyone - 10% (and even 5% below 20% readings) is part of 3.2. Also battery icons have been changed - my own this time, hoping everyone finds them a bit more pleasing. Also, haptic feedback strength is now back to 'normal' (lessened). More scripts to hide/delete unwanted apps are also present ... hmmm what else.

No APPS2SD yet - just got back from vacation and no time to even think about that one yet. However based on what I've read, there's no point in trying to use it unless at least a class 6 card is used, and also are people really running out of space in /data??

As far as Titanium - definitely will ask, but anyone know how to get in touch with the dev? No contact details on that link, that I could see.

Kernel - 125 slot is GONE! CIFS and TUN will be supplied as external modules.

Scripts - so is Pete's just a modifiable text file that specifies other scripts to run at boot? Have not seen it myself ...
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
  8. skatingrocker17

skatingrocker17 New Member

Any ETA on the 3.2 release?
  9. ChevyNo1

Should be by tomorrow - then I can concentrate on getting this into Rom Manager
  10. skatingrocker17

skatingrocker17 New Member

Great and thanks for the quick response. Good to see you're finally going to be on Rom Manager because you were like the only big rom maker missing.
  11. virtualhuman

virtualhuman New Member

Yeah, don't have a class 6, am not running out of space and don't really care about apps2sd enough to buy a class 6 to start to use it use yet.

Thanks! I checked my license key email & am PMing his gmail to you now.

/system/xbin/pete:
  12. nagmier

nagmier New Member

Sweet cant wait to rock 3.2 :D
  13. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd New Member

First off glad to see you back and hope you enjoyed your time away on vacation. Cant wait to see wha tis in store for SS3.2 once you put it up

As for the Titanium info here is his site you may be able to contact him via Titanium Backup for Android ? Official Site and the devs email is joel.bourquard@gmail.com

as far as apps2SD I'm not out of space but it would be a nice feature to have. However I have tendency to disagree with this idea of needing a class 6 card tho. From what I'm told it is not needed for use in Android. Plus right now I can vouch for a class 2 card working just fine with apps2sd and no not using it with a custom ROM. I got lucky enough for a bit to get my hands on a Droid that was running a beta/pre-release copy of Froyo and came setup with app2sd built right into the OS. Works great even with the class 2 card that was in the Droid I had. The only down side I noticed was that if you install apps to sdcard and plug you phone into the comp and mount for USB mode any app installed can not be accessed while plugged into the comp. I will say Froyo is sweet and everyone is going to be realy happy I'm sure when it gets released. Ran a Linpack on it stock and averaged 9.4 MFLOPS in the 10 runs I ran on it. Heck I don't even get that reading on my personal OC'd Droid running at 1GHz if that tells you anything. They are for sure moving in the right direction that is a given with some of the other added features that were on it.
  14. ChevyNo1

Cool, thx for the info - got a response back already from Joel @ Titanium - it will be part of 3.2 :)

Also on the startup script - I had started working on something like this before I left - so this also will be included
    Last edited: May 19, 2010
  15. cfi on the fly

cfi on the fly New Member

Actually the only thing I really don't like about the simply stunning is the dial pad for phone. It looks very much out of place with that blue and pukey green. Hopefully something can be done for that!!