2C.7C boot loader possible bricked phone HELP!!!!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If its going to the bootloader after you SBF it, it doesn't sound good to me. I hope someone will be able to help you with this.

GL

OP
I

Iamthewalrus87

Reaction score
I used the sbf and update from the first reply and then I tried the sbf only no update required option as well.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you successfully sbf'd the frg22d fullfile furbearingmammal linked to, and you still go to the bootloader?

Doesn't sound good man.

OP
I

Iamthewalrus87

Reaction score
yep... Is there anything I need to do when loading that sbf file... Since there is no update.zip do I just let it restart as usual or do I need to hold anything down?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If you use the file I linked to in my post there's no update.zip or anything. You install it, you watch for the reboot, you catch it and allow RSD Lite to finish flashing, and then you reboot the phone and see if it'll boot normally. If you used the file from Motocache1's thread then you have SPRecovery but no operating system on the phone.

OP
I

Iamthewalrus87

Reaction score
ok so yes I do install and catch it but it gives me that error that I posted a few posts back

mitpianoman

Reaction score
Did this remain unsolved? I'm having what sounds like the same problem: out-of-warranty phone, can get to SPRecovery. Tried a full data/cache wipe, nandroid recovery, flashing a new ROM, and flashing a new Kernel. No matter what I do, it won't boot past the bootloader. Trying to flash with RSD (using either sbf file out there), it fails on switching the phone to BP Pass through mode.

mitpianoman

Reaction score
at the moment:

Bootloader
2C.6C
Code Corrupt
Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer mode: USB

If I boot into SPRecovery and flash a ROM or backup, the code corrupt message goes away, but it still won't get past the bootloader.

mitpianoman

Reaction score
I should correct my earlier statement as I misremembered a step. The "Code Corrupt message" doesn't go away as easily as I thought. I had to use RSD with the SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf file to be able to get back into SPRecovery (FWIW, that's the only sbf file I've been able to flash successfuly so far). Booting into that and flashing the stock ROM (I used this one. Let me know if I should have tried another), I consistently got the error "assert failed: sholes.update_cdma_bp("/tmp/rdl.bin", "/tmp/bp.img")". None of the usual suggestions for getting around that error worked (hard reset, wipe data/cache, pulling the battery, different SD card, trying many times).

Trying FRG22D.sbf via RSD, I get the usual error: Error switching phone to BP Pass through mode (0x70BE); phone disconnected

I'm off for the night. Thanks for the suggestions, and let me know if you think of anything else I should try.

mitpianoman

Reaction score
Just 3:

VZW_A855_ESD20_QSC6085BP_C_01.3B.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf
VZW_A855_ESD20_QSC6085BP_C_01.3B.01P_SW_UPDATE_03.sbf
FRG22D.sbf