$299.99 on contract? are u kidding me!

Droidrage729

Reaction score
Rip off. Phone lost its buzz a long time ago. I was waiting for the bionic now when I see its weekly "leak "of the same specs we know I'm disgusted.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It was displayed, it wasn't said when it was releasing..you go to car shows and some demos won't come out for 2 yrs or more

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

The Moto techs said at CES 2011 that it would be releasing in early 2nd quarter.

Check the video out if you want to hear:

[video=youtube;oSg0CH9qTGI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSg0CH9qTGI[/video]

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
The Moto techs said at CES 2011 that it would be releasing in early 2nd quarter.

Makes me cringe when he says "The end of waiting" LOL

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Has anyone confirmed this is going to come with gb and not froyo.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

nikecar

Reaction score

Presidents and politicians say no new taxes and they do it. Car salesmen say they will give us a deal, but they don't.

kmo

Reaction score
nikecar
"It was displayed, it wasn't said when it was releasing..you go to car shows and some demos won't come out for 2 yrs or more"

Really, this is a phone that was supposed to be released in the 2nd quarter not a prototype automobile that might come out someday.....the Android mobile market moves very fast and these phone models don't last too long. There really is no long lasting Android device like the iphone. I'm not an Apple fan but that's one thing they did right, they have a flagship model that won't go away any time soon....​

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Presidents and politicians say no new taxes and they do it. Car salesmen say they will give us a deal, but they don't.

This is a representative a company, releasing information on their new device, usually it's taken pretty seriously.

Just this time they blew their mark by oh almost a year.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
nikecar
"It was displayed, it wasn't said when it was releasing..you go to car shows and some demos won't come out for 2 yrs or more"

Really, this is a phone that was supposed to be released in the 2nd quarter not a prototype automobile that might come out someday.....the Android mobile market moves very fast and these phone models don't last too long. There really is no long lasting Android device like the iphone. I'm not an Apple fan but that's one thing they did right, they have a flagship model that won't go away any time soon....​

This is Apples and Oranges....no pun intended. Apple only launches one handset a year. Android is an "open source" operating system with multiple developers and manufacturers. That's why Android seemingly moves a lot faster and becomes out dated faster than iPhones.

tcayton49

Reaction score
Are you kidding, this phone was announced 8 months ago. Most Android phones after 18 months are dead anyway. That's way too long to wait, by the time it hits it will be a step behind everything else that's coming in Sept.-Oct. The Google Nexus Prime (with "ice cream sandwich" OS) will arrive in October or November and it is going to blow the Bionic out of the water. I'm afraid the Bionic will be one of those flash in the pan phones, here and gone before you know it. I for one will not be buying the Bionic, especially if it has a $299. price tag. The Bionic is a device that after this "Loooong" delay will be left in the dust by the competition arriving in the next couple months....and what's with all the smartass remarks (not directing all this to tcayton) in this post to any comments made regarding pricing or the delay, the main reason I don't post much here any more. Stop taking this crap so personal, if your a fanboy of the Bionic and can't take the heat from other opinions just keep the wise remarks to yourselves. We're supposed to have this forum to share our thoughts not get bashed for saying them, and yes opinions are a dime a dozen but after all the waiting for this phone if it is $299. that will be too high a price to pay. IMHO....

No, I'm not kidding. I don't have a problem with someone complaining about the length of the delay, because it has been a long delay. The issue is when they say or imply that there have been multiple delays. There hasn't, there has only been one delay. I also don't have a problem with people's opinions. I do have issues when people state those opinions as if they are fact. It's his opinion that $299 is too much for a phone. He is entitled to that opinion. Its my opinion that if he doesn't want to spend that much, he shouldn't get the phone. It wasn't a smartass remark, it was my opinion.
And yes, I realize that the Bionic will be behind phones that are released after it. But those phones will be behind phones released after them. and so on and so on until the end of time.
If someone posts misinformation, I will correct them if I know the correct information. If we are talking about opinions, I will state mine. I'm not taking anything personal, but it kind of sounds like you are.

OP
B

brooklyn2410

Reaction score
No, I'm not kidding. I don't have a problem with someone complaining about the length of the delay, because it has been a long delay. The issue is when they say or imply that there have been multiple delays. There hasn't, there has only been one delay. I also don't have a problem with people's opinions. I do have issues when people state those opinions as if they are fact. It's his opinion that $299 is too much for a phone. He is entitled to that opinion. Its my opinion that if he doesn't want to spend that much, he shouldn't get the phone. It wasn't a smartass remark, it was my opinion.
And yes, I realize that the Bionic will be behind phones that are released after it. But those phones will be behind phones released after them. and so on and so on until the end of time.
If someone posts misinformation, I will correct them if I know the correct information. If we are talking about opinions, I will state mine. I'm not taking anything personal, but it kind of sounds like you are.

no ur definitely rite there was only one delay moto said 2nd quarter and then they said summer that was it. the reason I said delays was because it felt that way with all the leaked rumor dates. but like I just said they were only rumors so I do stand corrected. but u cannot tell me that $299 is fair to all those moto customers who didn't jump ship to the thunderbolt or the charge and stayed strong and waited for their phone. I feel like we should get somethin maybe a 32gb micro SD or 3 months free Netflix. or $99 on release date only. somethin!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

alucard9114

Reaction score
no ur definitely rite there was only one delay moto said 2nd quarter and then they said summer that was it. the reason I said delays was because it felt that way with all the leaked rumor dates. but like I just said they were only rumors so I do stand corrected. but u cannot tell me that $299 is fair to all those moto customers who didn't jump ship to the thunderbolt or the charge and stayed strong and waited for their phone. I feel like we should get somethin maybe a 32gb micro SD or 3 months free Netflix. or $99 on release date only. somethin!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

you are sitting there with a droid x complaining about how long you waited im still rocking an og droid from way back all the og droid users should get this phone for 99 for sticking it out with 256mb of memory.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Personally I don't think we deserve anything financially for waiting, but I think they should have made more revisions to the Bionic to make it a bit more competitive with the releases we'll see within a month or two. I'm not saying it's not competitive, I just feel they had long enough to do an amazing job and came up a bit short in terms of possible improvements.